My Map Remakes thread

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Flashpoint

CapnDarwin

RE: My Map Remakes thread

Post by CapnDarwin »

Just a question for the map using crowd. When I get the files sections going on the new OTS site, should I add a folder for planning maps? There does seem to be more of those types of maps popping up.

Thanks.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
Werewolf13

Post by Werewolf13 »

ORIGINAL: Capn Darwin

Just a question for the map using crowd. When I get the files sections going on the new OTS site, should I add a folder for planning maps? There does seem to be more of those types of maps popping up.

Thanks.

Couldn't hurt and a lot of players would undoubtedly use planning maps if they were available. I wouldn't - use them that is - I'm a by the seat of your pants player; which probably explains why I get may rear end handed to me so very, very often in so very many games.
Freedom is not free! Nor should it be. For men being men will neither fight for nor value that which is free.

Michael Andress
Plodder

Post by Plodder »

Capn, that sounds like a good idea. I was going to package a planning map with each map anyway but that could work.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."
WildCatNL

Post by WildCatNL »

Good idea. It would prevent some confusion as well, for people accidentally downloading and installing the planning maps as game maps. Although these wouldn't show up when in .jpg format.

On the .jpg topic, you would be able to significantly reduce your website's bandwidth consumption by supporting .jpg replacement maps. I understand the Map Values editor might need .png maps a input to reduce errors creating the .fp9 map file. However, the compression artifacts from .jpg are hardly visible when playing the game, and jpg compression will halve the file size.

William
William
On Target Simulations LLC
Templer_12

All-In-One Download Packed

Post by Templer_12 »

Plodder, great work but why don't you offer an all-in-one download packed?

I wanted zu try your maps but downloading these one by one and thereafter unzip them one by one is very cumbersome. [:(]
garnaez

Post by garnaez »

Good lord. I feel like Im playing almost a different game with these maps
They really need to consider using these maps instead of the original when they sell this and pay you a cut.
Amazing.
Thank you
Plodder

Post by Plodder »

You'll like the maps in the new patch when it comes out then.[:)]
garnaez

Post by garnaez »

ORIGINAL: The Plodder

You'll like the maps in the new patch when it comes out then.[:)]

Is there anyway to *strongly* suggest that the developers include your map officially?
I only found out about your maps from a youtube video
And Again Thanks!
G
Plodder

Post by Plodder »

That's already been discussed and decided. I would hold fire until you see the William's remade maps when the patch comes out as he has done a fantastic job on them.[:)]
garnaez

Post by garnaez »

That's already been discussed and decided. I would hold fire until you see the William's remade maps when the patch comes out as he has done a fantastic job on them.[:)]

Fair enough. But I am retuning to tatical games. My last real game was TacOps4 and I can not stress t you (and the devs) how much smoother your maps have made playing Flashpoint. Ok. Enough. And.... any idea on the release of the patch? :)
Plodder

Post by Plodder »

Soon (TM). [:D]
VegasOZ

Post by VegasOZ »

I would like to see a feature that like an old 'bat file' would allow the user to load different map style sets on demand.
Maybe on some battles one might prefer the original vanilla stock maps. In another situation one might want to play out a scenario with Plodder's version. And then one might want to reload the William maps for overall use.

I actually used to know how to make a simple "copy *.map" type bat file but can't really remember how to do it. It would be a great service to have a map switch feature included. I would be happy to have one that just loaded the entire set of maps on demand. It would not even have to be a scenario by scenario feature.

IN this way, it would make it very easy to have the players enjoy all the great maps being produced at will and that would encourage map makers to continue their craft and art.

Also I'm looking forward to more original maps that are not just stock map conversions.

The more the merrier...
Plodder

Post by Plodder »

You could always use the JSGME mod enabler. I use it for a lot of games, it's a great tool.
garnaez

Post by garnaez »

ORIGINAL: garnaez

Fair enough. But I am retuning to tatical games. My last real game was TacOps4 and I can not stress t you (and the devs) how much smoother your maps have made playing Flashpoint. Ok. Enough. And.... any idea on the release of the patch? :)

Williams? can you point me in the right direction?
Plodder

Post by Plodder »

His original maps are here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3510379 but he is now the map maker for the game and he has redone his maps in the official style. They have not been released yet, they will be out with the 2.06 patch.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”