Best campaign?

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian, WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin

TigerTC

Best campaign?

Post by TigerTC »

Simple question -- which is your favorite campaign? I haven't played a campaign in about 6 months and am wondering which I should play next.
TigerTC

RE: Best campaign?

Post by TigerTC »

**crickets**
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

The latest camp Wolves seems to be a tough one with many new situations that are different from the originals.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

Depends on what you want.

The American campaign is big and brash, you know, like Americans. Mostly NATO defensive.

The West German School Teacher campaign is the West Germans mostly on the defensive.

The Soviet campaign is the Soviet formations on the attack.

The Wolves campaign is the 2nd West German campaign. This is a mix of medium sized engagements with a WG Brigade. There are attack and defend scenarios in the mix. This is the toughest of the 4.

Pick which one fits your style of fighting the best.

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.
TigerTC

Post by TigerTC »

ORIGINAL: Capn Darwin

The latest camp Wolves seems to be a tough one with many new situations that are different from the originals.

That's the one I'm running now. Definitely interesting situations, but I do like something with more "traditional" tactical situations.
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

All 3 other campaigns are more traditional.

Good Hunting.

MR

CrackSabbath

Post by CrackSabbath »

I'm just starting the 3rd of 5 battles in the Black Rats campaign by Tazak. I'm counter-attacking and my reinforcements are Battlegroup OTS with the Cap Darwin and Mad Russian companies (among others). So far it is very enjoyable - I vote thumbs up.

I haven't played the 2nd German campaign yet.
The Dude abides
TigerTC

Post by TigerTC »

ORIGINAL: BROJD

ORIGINAL: Capn Darwin

That's the one I'm running now. Definitely interesting situations, but I do like something with more "traditional" tactical situations.

I've been enjoying the Wolves campaign. A lot of ducks to shoot. A pretty good, but outnumbered, friendly force.

But then Scenario 5 made me mad. Setup zones for the two sides in these scenarios should never be within LOS of each other. Because many of the enemy units were quite close to me, my carefully planned engagement areas were for naught -- the enemy basically got to skip them, quite unrealistically. I lost two whole platoons of my Leopards in the first 11 minutes of the battle because the enemy started so close.
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

Battle 5 of the campaign got all turned around. I'm working on getting it straightened out.

Between all the corrections and updates we did the 5th scenario of the campaign seems to have gotten crossed in the shuffle.

I'm working on getting that corrected.

I agree with you. I don't normally put units in LOS of each others starting areas. This one shouldn't have either.

Thanks.

Good Hunting.

MR

TigerTC

Post by TigerTC »

Thanks. I died so quickly (less than two hours to get to 30% combat power) that it ended up being a contested battle, and now I've moved on to the next one.
LittleDogmaOne

Post by LittleDogmaOne »

Ah, now that explained...I couldn't figure how did Soviet found us so quickly, and tried to repel Soviet Hordes. I couldn't find a perfect ground for Leopard 2 with perfect LOS to counterattack Soviet's attack, and couldn't able to hold the ground. [:(]

I had to put this battle 5/7 on hold due to other PBEM opponent requested me to play John Tiller's Sealion 1940 ; )

Don't worry, Red Bear, be patient, we are coming! We are coming!

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”