Robin Williams found dead

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Lützow

RE: Robin Williams found dead

Post by Lützow »

My first thought was that Robbie Williams died.
MrsWargamer

Post by MrsWargamer »

One of the hard parts of growing older, is watching time take and take and take some more of the world you grew up in away from you.

Robin was one of the best parts of my life. He's gone too soon.

Often the best comedians have the hardest of lives though.
Wargame, 05% of the time.
Play with Barbies 05% of the time.
Play with Legos 10% of the time.
Build models 20% of the time
Shopping 60% of the time.
Exlains why I buy em more than I play em.
Jamm

Post by Jamm »

Rest in Peace
When the going gets weird,... the weird turn pro
Hunter S Thompson

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jamm-wor ... =bookmarks
rhondabrwn

Post by rhondabrwn »

ORIGINAL: MrsWargamer

One of the hard parts of growing older, is watching time take and take and take some more of the world you grew up in away from you.

I agree completely. One by one the people who helped shape my past are passing... some more tragically than others :( It is the hard part of getting older and reminds me of my parents when Jack Benny and Bob Hope and Frank Sinatra died... pieces of their life died with them... and now it's my turn.
Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

My old Piczo site seems to be gone, so no more Navajo Nation pics :(
Max 86

Post by Max 86 »

ORIGINAL: rhondabrwn

I agree completely. One by one the people who helped shape my past are passing... some more tragically than others :( It is the hard part of getting older and reminds me of my parents when Jack Benny and Bob Hope and Frank Sinatra died... pieces of their life died with them... and now it's my turn.

Serious +1 there.
Mr. Williams was one of three comedians to make me laugh uncontrollably. Rapid fire delivery as a stand-up comic was second to none.
No problem Chief!
MrsWargamer

Post by MrsWargamer »

I have heard a lot of people react oddly to this, but of all the Vietnam films I have ever watched, Good Morning America has always been the best one. Robin more than any other actor gave us a film that REALLY showed us how stupid that war was.

And the man was a comedian. He wasn't one of our tough guy greats, he was a comedian. Sometimes, it takes a master of the idiotic and the crazy to portray the idiotic and the crazy.

He wasn't just funny, he was a superb actor. He was a cut above. So many of the guys I see on Netflix, they are funny, but they do so in such an average ordinary fashion.

Some days I'm afraid to look for how many of the greats of my youth are still with us. It's sad to sometimes discover the information.
Wargame, 05% of the time.
Play with Barbies 05% of the time.
Play with Legos 10% of the time.
Build models 20% of the time
Shopping 60% of the time.
Exlains why I buy em more than I play em.
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

I have heard a lot of people react oddly to this, but of all the Vietnam films I have ever watched, Good Morning America has always been the best one. Robin more than any other actor gave us a film that REALLY showed us how stupid that war was.

And the man was a comedian. He wasn't one of our tough guy greats, he was a comedian. Sometimes, it takes a master of the idiotic and the crazy to portray the idiotic and the crazy.

He wasn't just funny, he was a superb actor. He was a cut above. So many of the guys I see on Netflix, they are funny, but they do so in such an average ordinary fashion.

Some days I'm afraid to look for how many of the greats of my youth are still with us. It's sad to sometimes discover the information.
warspite1

Its strange (maybe?) but so many comedians/comediennes make really good serious actors/actresses.

You must be like me - of a certain age - yes its is sad, and scary too [:(]
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

Well the official say that he hanged himself, did he get too much !@#$%^& ? Dunno being very depress can do that, but other drugs can do some weird shits.
Fred98

Post by Fred98 »

He starred in a movie called Cadillac Man.

This had the potential to be a great movie.

Williams did a good job but the writer or director or somebody made a poor decision and the ending was a bit lame.

I always thought a better ending would have turned it into a great movie. Instead it is remembered as ordinary.

colleen88

Post by colleen88 »

just watched this movie Mrs. Doubtfire last night, and broke the news in the morning. RIP RW
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

His daughter Zelda, is having a hard time. Peoples out there are sending her hateful messages through emails, etcs, probably blaming her for his death. So i dont know if she didnt love him much or care for him. But some people out there have weak hearts and ended up dead, he did have some serious problems though.

Not sure if like my situations, after my mom passed away, i lefted the family for good. Most of them didnt give a shit. So i wanted to start a new life on my own elsewhere and far away from them. My father was in the Navy, was born in the Naval Hospital-RI. So she divored him when i was nine, he wasnt much a father or husband at all.

Things can be ugly in life, esp in families crisis. If you have a strong soul, you will make it regardless what going on.
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

I have no doubt that A): she loved her father, and B): there are worthless scum on the Internet that would send messages of hate and loathsomeness to people in mourning just because it gives them a bulge in their pants.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

I have no doubt that A): she loved her father, and B): there are worthless scum on the Internet that would send messages of hate and loathsomeness to people in mourning just because it gives them a bulge in their pants.

I agreed, there are so many idiots messing around and shouldnt have bother her in the first place. She is pretty upset over it though.
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

Any actual human being would be.
sventhebold

Post by sventhebold »

I feel like i lost a friend.[:(]
ssgt usaf 84-91 f-15a/c ops puke 525 tfs & 7th tfs
t001001001

Post by t001001001 »

His daughter Zelda, is having a hard time. Peoples out there are sending her hateful messages through emails

How many millions of ppl adored her Dad and looked forward to whatever material he'd think up next. I'm sure she's been getting 100,000 emails every day since she was born. There's no way she can possibly read all of im. Since her beloved father died she's prolly gotten 100,000,000 emails and tweets wishing condolence, telling her how much they loved her Dad and how much he's missed.

There has to be ppl who filter her mails just b/c of the millions of im she'd never get the chance to read even if she wanted. There's always a couple idiots of course [8|] Her ppl could have just filtered im out.

I don't understand tweets, maybe stuff just pops up on her smartphone? A million per day?
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

ORIGINAL: t001001001
His daughter Zelda, is having a hard time. Peoples out there are sending her hateful messages through emails

How many millions of ppl adored her Dad and looked forward to whatever material he'd think up next. I'm sure she's been getting 100,000 emails every day since she was born. There's no way she can possibly read all of im. Since her beloved father died she's prolly gotten 100,000,000 emails and tweets wishing condolence, telling her how much they loved her Dad and how much he's missed.

There has to be ppl who filter her mails just b/c of the millions of im she'd never get the chance to read even if she wanted. There's always a couple idiots of course [8|] Her ppl could have just filtered im out.

I don't understand tweets, maybe stuff just pops up on her smartphone? A million per day?

I doubt if it was his daughter behind this, his wife just mention he had early stages of Parkinson's disease. So at his age with that disease is not good and he know that it will get worst and would be very sad to see this coming. If it was me at that age, i probably would commit suicide too.
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

Why do you think she has people? Not everybody has people. These assholes blamed her for his death and sent her photoshopped pictures of him lying in a morgue. She saw them. I'd have quit Twitter too, if it were me.
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Why do you think she has people? Not everybody has people. These assholes blamed her for his death and sent her photoshopped pictures of him lying in a morgue. She saw them. I'd have quit Twitter too, if it were me.

Twitter is a bad place to hang out, dunno about facebook. Keeping infos and profiles at minimum so others dont stalk you.
t001001001

Post by t001001001 »

I'm saying there's no way she can possibly read all that correspondence. I have no idea if she has ppl or not. I have no idea how twitter works.

You clearly disagree w/ me and yet you refrained from ur normal curt response. heh. [8D]

Return to “General Discussion”