Broken Issues that need fixed Please

Close Combat: Gateway to Caen is the latest release in the critically-acclaimed Close Combat series and focuses on the largest, concentrated British offensive since the Normandy landings in an attempt to penetrate the German lines west of Caen and cross the Odon River to get the stalled advance moving again.
Platoon_Michael

RE: Hopefull fixes for next patch

Post by Platoon_Michael »

And how are we looking on the original post of this topic?

Any update?

Is this what Obama care looks/feels like?
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Hi guys,

We have greatly improved stability in multiplayer and cannot repeat the truce bugs or airstrike. It may not be perfect but should be significantly better. We've been testing this a lot of the last few weeks and are about to sign off a patch for release.

There are no plans to alter the UI in patches. Patches will focus on fixing bugs not adding new features.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
Platoon_Michael

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

Hi guys,

We have greatly improved stability in multiplayer and cannot repeat the truce bugs or airstrike. It may not be perfect but should be significantly better. We've been testing this a lot of the last few weeks and are about to sign off a patch for release.

There are no plans to alter the UI in patches. Patches will focus on fixing bugs not adding new features.

Well you see Iain here's the problem. Again.
I'm not interested in the big Data debate you have with other people here.

I am only interested in having the things "Fixed" that have been "Broken"
The original topic of this thread is to point out that the above mentioned No Longer Work.
Such as..........
"Display Team List F5"
Tool Panel
and the Soldier Monitor

The things I've pointed out have been a staple in CC for how long now?
Well Iain I'll tell you how long since you don't know the game,they have been there since CCIV,CCV,WAR,tLD and LSA.

They are not in GWTC.

Now if your still not understanding with how any of those games I mentioned work,or if you've never played CC I can provide you with a YouTube video to assist you.

Or if you don't know how you broke it and don't know how to fix it then just be a man about it and say so.
But by all means please do not insult my intelligence and suggest that I'm asking for a new feature.

STIENER

Post by STIENER »

hi Ian
your definition of a bug and ours is obviously different. thanks for listening tho. cant wait for the bloody 1st.
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Hi Michael

Nowhere in your posts can I see where it says features that used to work and no longer work. At least not in the main post at the top and the ones I looked at and if i search for the phrase "no longer work" it only gets 1 hit in the message just above this. Bear in mind I have to scan read it as there are literally hundreds of forums! If these are bugs then we can look at it but please re-read your posts as it looks like a request for new features and changes. When posting please try to be as clear as possible because sometimes you're assuming shared knowledge or maybe hiding key points in the detail of the explanation which is hard to understand. I don't remember the entire feature list of the last version of CC (there are so many versions they all merged to a blur!) so if there is something that used to be in that no longer works I will find out why. Maybe there is a reason or maybe its a bug but please try to make any requests as clear as possible. If the thread had been titled something like "features that used to work that no longer do" or the top post said something along those lines it would have helped to clear this up sooner.

Thanks!
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

Hi Michael

Nowhere in your posts can I see where it says features that used to work and no longer work. At least not in the main post at the top and the ones I looked at and if i search for the phrase "no longer work" it only gets 1 hit in the message just above this. Bear in mind I have to scan read it as there are literally hundreds of forums! If these are bugs then we can look at it but please re-read your posts as it looks like a request for new features and changes. When posting please try to be as clear as possible because sometimes you're assuming shared knowledge or maybe hiding key points in the detail of the explanation which is hard to understand. I don't remember the entire feature list of the last version of CC (there are so many versions they all merged to a blur!) so if there is something that used to be in that no longer works I will find out why. Maybe there is a reason or maybe its a bug but please try to make any requests as clear as possible. If the thread had been titled something like "features that used to work that no longer do" or the top post said something along those lines it would have helped to clear this up sooner.

Thanks!
You remember to me when I´m not happy with this type of answers from people playing my mods. My recomendation is use smilies because you look very furious and selfish to the people, specially here we must difference how you are selling a game and probably by this reason, you must be more friendly with people.

However, I agree with your opinion. Just take the previous message as a recomendation.
Platoon_Michael

Hi Iain

Thank-you very much for the response.

I will correct my posts from here on out.
All four of my posts with images are indeed items that worked in CCIV,CCV,WAR,tLD and LSA.
And do not work in GWTC.

I truly hope its something that can be fixed and that you guys are looking into it.

Platoon_Michael

I also noticed that when viewing your soldiers from withing the Battle Group screen the game no longer remembers the Unit you selected while on the soldier screen.
This too is broken from previous versions.

I.E.
Your viewing your soldiers and see that one of your Bren Sections has horrible stats you cant just got back to the Battle group screen and that said team is highlighted.

The game only remembers what team you last clicked on.
From When you were on the Battle Group screen.

I'm not gonna lie,this is a very beautiful game to play but all these broken iitems that have been a staple in CC that I've posted has made it horrible for the player to have any type on Intel while playing.
PztCrackwise

Post by PztCrackwise »

I have also observed these problems Platoon_Michael. I hope these issues also get adressed with the upcoming patch.
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

These seem like bugs or are steps backwards done on purpose as they worked in all the previous releases (before panthers in the fog) as Platoon_Michael described.
Platoon_Michael

Thanks fellas,I appreciate the support.

Lets recap whats broken in GWTC from the original topic of this thread.

1)The Display Team list never stays on screen.One constantly has to press F5 to bring it up.
The leaves the player not knowing how many teams he has left to fight with,who's moral is low,who's under fire etc.etc. until he presses F5 Again!

2)The Tool Panel is broken in that it does not highlight the Team when using the messages within the Tool Panel.It will only jump you to the area.It also does not highlight the team on the zoomed out view.
2.5)It is also broken in that it does not bring up the Soldier Monitor after clicking on your teams messages,thus not displaying who/what is in that team who is dead,who is wounded,what weapon they have/had.
2.75)The Tool Panel will only work jump to said area if its located in the lower right hand corner of your screen.It will not work if placed anywhere else.

3)The Soldier screen from within the Battle Group screen is broken in that the game will not remember what team you last viewed.
So if you were in a H2H GC with your friend, and was trying to figure out which teams to keep or let go the game will not remember the Rifle team you just viewed on the soldier screen when you go back to the Battle Group screen to remove them.You will have to go back and forth until you found said team by looking at every single Rifle team comparing their stats.

These are HUGE gameplay issues.
Basically you can honestly say that ALL Intel that CC used to provide and has been a staple in every CC game has been literally Broken

There is no way shape or form that anybody can deny that these things are not indeed broken
STIENER

Post by STIENER »

i agree platoon michael.... these are real issues that were in other CC games till now and now there not. these are DEFINATLEY gameplay issues and should be addressed in the 1st patch.
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Thanks for the info guys. I have passed it on and the team are going to look at it. I was under the impression you were requesting new features not asking for a bug fix.

Steve is going to check this out and get back to you.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
Platoon_Michael

Thank-You very much Iain.

In all honesty I really do enjoy the game.
With these fixes and the Multiplayer issues you guys are addressing the game will be perfect.

Well including some personal touches from of my own I will hopefully get to some day. [:D]
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

It appears there are three minor bugs here that can be addressed in a future update. They will not be in the upcoming (multiplayer) patch because that is already in production and slated to go out ASAP.
ORIGINAL: Platoon_Michael
1)The Display Team list never stays on screen.One constantly has to press F5 to bring it up.
The leaves the player not knowing how many teams he has left to fight with,who's moral is low,who's under fire etc.etc. until he presses F5 Again!

Yes, this is a bug. As you have found, you can work around it by hitting the F5 key once.
2)The Tool Panel is broken in that it does not highlight the Team when using the messages within the Tool Panel.It will only jump you to the area.It also does not highlight the team on the zoomed out view.
2.5)It is also broken in that it does not bring up the Soldier Monitor after clicking on your teams messages,thus not displaying who/what is in that team who is dead,who is wounded,what weapon they have/had.

All these issues are the same issue -- when you click in the message monitor the team that issued the message is not selected, as it was in LSA and previous versions.
2.75)The Tool Panel will only work jump to said area if its located in the lower right hand corner of your screen.It will not work if placed anywhere else.

This is a bug. Unfortunately the only way to work around it at present is to keep/move the tool panel in the bottom right corner.

3)The Soldier screen from within the Battle Group screen is broken in that the game will not remember what team you last viewed.
So if you were in a H2H GC with your friend, and was trying to figure out which teams to keep or let go the game will not remember the Rifle team you just viewed on the soldier screen when you go back to the Battle Group screen to remove them.You will have to go back and forth until you found said team by looking at every single Rifle team comparing their stats.

I'm not sure I understand the problem you're trying to describe here. Are you saying that if you change the selected team on the soldier screen, this hit 'Previous' to go back to the Battlegroup screen, you'd like to have the selection switched on he BG screen as well? I haven't tested every version but this was not the case in Panthers in the Fog or Last Stand Arnhem. I can see how it could be useful though and will record it for future reference.

Thanks for your time recording these in a precise way. I appreciate the report.

Steve

Platoon_Michael

ORIGINAL: Steve McClaire

All these issues are the same issue -- when you click in the message monitor the team that issued the message is not selected, as it was in LSA and previous versions.

I'm not sure I understand the problem you're trying to describe here. Are you saying that if you change the selected team on the soldier screen, this hit 'Previous' to go back to the Battlegroup screen, you'd like to have the selection switched on he BG screen as well? I haven't tested every version but this was not the case in Panthers in the Fog or Last Stand Arnhem. I can see how it could be useful though and will record it for future reference.

Thanks for your time recording these in a precise way. I appreciate the report.

Steve

On the first quote WAR,TLD and LSA do this.

On the second quote only LSA and now GWTC wont remember what team you last clicked on when viewing the soldier screen.
I haven't checked PiFT
CCIV and CCV do remember this.as does WAR and TLD
Budge4

Post by Budge4 »

v1.01 is out, no idea whats in the patch though.

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/506 ... ay.to.Caen

Platoon_Michael

Hello,
I'm just wondering how things might be progressing with fixing the broken items mentioned here?
You guys got any type of ETA on this?

With Tik's small Maps Mod and hopefully a soon release of Dima's Historical Accuracy Mod this game will be Awesome.

Thanks
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

At this time, I do not have a date for when the next update will be released.

Steve
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Bump: any ETA?

Return to “Close Combat - Gateway to Caen”