How to locate Unique Wonder built by others?

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

webgame0003

How to locate Unique Wonder built by others?

Post by webgame0003 »

Playing the ancient galaxy map, find that the ship yard is already built by other empire, how can I find out which planet has the facility, so that I can plan to take it out?
Evan85

RE: How to locate Unique Wonder built by others?

Post by Evan85 »

Do you know what Empire has it? Galaxy News reports built wonders. Though if you skimmed it, you can't backtrack the logs in case you loaded a saved game.

If you know the owner empire, it's easy. Most likely it will be on their home planet. You can send an explorer. Onece it's in the system, you can check the planet for facilities built on it. If it isn't on the home planet, it will be best to check other highly populated colonies (eg.: the ones with bigger influence rings). If you do not know where the owner empire resides, a semi-decent spy can easily steal a territory map.

If you has no clue what race built the wonder, it's a bit trickier. I don't think the Diplomacy screen displays wonders, so one needs to check all of them. I'd prioritize their exploration by ship numbers. That is displayed, and if someone has a lot more than others, they are your targets.

(disclaimer notice: while I'm pretty sure my answer is correct, I'm relatively new, so I might have missed the 'show me the Wonders' button in some godforsaken sub-menu)
Why can't I make friends? Only my Nuclear Devastator understands me.
PsyKoSnake

Post by PsyKoSnake »

Evan85 I think your answer is corect.
webgame0003

Post by webgame0003 »

Man, that sounds tons of work to do.
Usually I will rush to get the big ship yard, which IMHO the nicest wonder, like spitting out ship on the fly. In the Ancient Galaxy map, Terran Federation ship building is sloooooooow. When I'm playing with little cruisers, the three-eye bugs are halve way building two World Destroyers, man, it feels hopeless.
CaptainBipto1

Post by CaptainBipto1 »

What about checking the top ten colony list. Would that help?
Evan85

Post by Evan85 »

Actually I was wrong. I thought that a log of messages clears upon loading game, but that's not the case. You can find their icon right from the messages bar. Browse that, and it will identify your target Empire.

- Nuke 'em homeworld!

- Profit!
Why can't I make friends? Only my Nuclear Devastator understands me.
webgame0003

Post by webgame0003 »

The message will be there even if game is reloaded?
Wah, definitely gonna try it!
webgame0003

Post by webgame0003 »

Man, after checking home planets of other nations, I finally found the big shipyard, it's on my future ally's home planet. Damn it, how am I supposed to take it out...[:(]

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”