What are you playing lately?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

aaatoysandmore

What are you playing lately?

Post by aaatoysandmore »

What are you immersed in atm? What game can you not wait to get home to play? What game drives your wife and family mad because you spend more time playing it than giving them you time an attention and money. [:D]
Josh

RE: What are you playing lately?

Post by Josh »

Fallen Enchantress (a fantasy empire building game), and Shadowrun (a Scifi/Steampunk RPG). Bought them both on Steam for a few bucks, a steal really.
I need to go back to my wargaming roots tho, been tooo long.
terje439

Post by terje439 »

Finishing a pbem in WitE,
Game Dev Tycoon and Crusader Kings II on steam,
World of Tanks (sometimes it just feels good to blow stuff up [:D])

Terje
"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")
Werewolf13

Post by Werewolf13 »

Two games occupy my free time at the moment.

Command Ops and strangely enough Need for Speed: Shift 2 Unleashed.

The racing genre has always called to me - espcially when I was playing Gran Tourismo 5 on the PS3. Best racing game ever in my opinion but then one of my grandchildren stuffed coins in the disc slot and that was the end of that. I tried finding a replacement for GT5 for the PC but nothing measured up - nothing. Then I saw Unleashed on STEAM and figured what the heck - similar and I'm not going to find GT5 for PC so I got it. And it is no GT5 but it is close enough that I'm having a lot of fun with it.

With Command Ops its all about an operational level wargame that I don't have to micro-manage. There was a time when micro-managing a 100 units didn't phase me in the least. Not so now (getting old SUCKS!). And with CO I can order a whole regiment or Bn off on a mission, sit back and watch the fireworks and adjust as necessary. And it usually takes less than an hour or maybe two to finish up a battle instead of days or weeks or in the case of War in the Pacific: Admirals edition even years (great game but geez - what was I thinking - I still play the Coral Sea and Guadalcanal scenarios though).
Freedom is not free! Nor should it be. For men being men will neither fight for nor value that which is free.

Michael Andress
DanSez

Post by DanSez »

WitP-AE, I am in JFB econo boot camp at the moment.
Only similarly lost souls as me understand the attraction and frustration I just described.

other than that it has been 'popcorn games' like solitaire
The Commander's job is to orchestrate and direct the three major dimensions of combat - space, time and force. Shattered Sword, the Untold Story of the Battle of Midway
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

I'm in a huge gaming slump. I don't know what to play. Nothing is enticing me. It's a shame because I have a lot of extra time on my hands at the moment.
[:(]
wodin

Post by wodin »

Command Ops Greece scenarios, CM Red Thunder, Steam and Iron Campaign expansion, Divinity original Sin, Tigers Unleashed testing, Flashpoint Campaigns Red Storm. Want to play WW1 Centennial edition but is crashes..plus I think I haver a PSU issue as Graviteam Tactics will power of my PC aswell other intensive graphic games though ym temps seem fine and I'm surprised CM Red Thunder plays.
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

ORIGINAL: vonRocko

I'm in a huge gaming slump. I don't know what to play. Nothing is enticing me. It's a shame because I have a lot of extra time on my hands at the moment.

Do what I do Von, put all your favorite games on individual pieces of paper, put them all in a hat and draw one out. Play it for as long as you can then rince and repeat for each gaming session until you can pick something yourself.
Werewolf13

Post by Werewolf13 »

Ever try scenario design? It can be a thankless but never the less satisfying way to pass the time and exercise one's creative urges.

Pick one of your favorites that comes with a scenario editor and dive right in.
Freedom is not free! Nor should it be. For men being men will neither fight for nor value that which is free.

Michael Andress
Aurelian

Post by Aurelian »

Distant Worlds: Universe.
Watched a documentary on beavers. Best dam documentary I've ever seen.
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

Those aren't bad ideas guys. I just might try the list. It is bit strange, but in the 30 odd years of playing games, I never created a scenario.
But why not? I never really gave it a shot.Maybe I'll enjoy it![;)]
Sooner or later something will motivate me, either a book or movie will get me in the mood.
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Matrix World In Flames - what can I say? I guess I just like playing with myself [:)]

tm.asp?m=3663405

Also I bought Steam and Iron The Great War At Sea. I've been playing a few games of Goeben 1914 but been spanked every time [&:] Strange game, not sure what to make of it but at least its really easy to get into.
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Curtis Lemay

Post by Curtis Lemay »

TOAW III. I'm testing a variant of my "Soviet Union 1941" scenario. In this hypothetical, the Germans are assumed to have fully motorized before the invasion (via looting). I'm five weeks in and the Axis are already at the gates of Moscow and Leningrad. Things really look dire for the Soviets all over the place.
My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site
parusski

Post by parusski »

Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft. I have lived, breathed and dreamed of this game for 8 months. Very immersive card game and the most addictive one I have EVER played.

As for wargames, I slip in some playtime with CTGW, GGWITW and Design Mod Projects Panzer Corp Battlefield Europe.

But mostly it's Hearthstone.
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
wings7

Post by wings7 »

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

Do what I do Von, put all your favorite games on individual pieces of paper, put them all in a hat and draw one out. Play it for as long as you can then rince and repeat for each gaming session until you can pick something yourself.

Good idea!! [:)] I've been having the same situation. [:(]

Patrick
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Oh I guess I should tell you that I'm playing "Panzer Command": Osfront. [:D]
MrsWargamer

Post by MrsWargamer »

Battle Academy and Hearthstone.

I have so many other games, and none are as easy to get into as these two.

Both have incredibly easy interfaces and both don't make you spend all your time just mastering the controls of the software.
Wargame, 05% of the time.
Play with Barbies 05% of the time.
Play with Legos 10% of the time.
Build models 20% of the time
Shopping 60% of the time.
Exlains why I buy em more than I play em.
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

Still playing Skyrim, been going on more than two weeks and she is doing pretty good. Wanted some realsm mods while playing on Expert Difficulty. I only play one life, if she dies, that is it. Imagine carrying 4k golds, it would take up 40 carry weight. Infact i enjoy playing as a vampire :p

Realistic carrying weight, weighed golds and arrows, time going by too fast, so i use the console to reduce the time to 3, etcs.

So today gonna go get the xbox 360, so i and the family can play in the den. Sacred 2 : Fallen Angel was fun action roleplaying game. Not sure what i will like to play on xbox 360. Just so many silly useless video games out there.
Blond_Knight

Post by Blond_Knight »

Playtesting GG:War in the West, and Steam and Iron with the North Sea campaign.
Zap

Post by Zap »

ORIGINAL: parusski

Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft. I have lived, breathed and dreamed of this game for 8 months. Very immersive card game and the most addictive one I have EVER played.

As for wargames, I slip in some playtime with CTGW, GGWITW and Design Mod Projects Panzer Corp Battlefield Europe.

But mostly it's Hearthstone.

IS it strictly cards?

Return to “General Discussion”