Should a guy buy?

Scourge of War is the definitive American Civil War grand tactical wargame of this generation. With impressive 3D graphics, an award-winning AI, pausable real-time play, historical battlefield terrain and orders of battle down to the regiment and battery level, Scourge of War captures the tactical challenges that faced the real Union and Confederate commanders more than 130 years ago.

This forum covers the main game Gettysburg and its two expansions Antietam, Pipe Creek, and Chancellorsville!

Moderator: MOD_ScourgeofWar

jeffk3510

Should a guy buy?

Post by jeffk3510 »

I think I played a demo of this a long time ago and really liked it, but can't really remember any more about it then I did like it.

I am a big fan of SMG and still play it relegiously... but it appears to be losing support (or gone entirely) and its tougher to run it on new machines as it is a very old game.

For those who have played both, could someone give me a comparison of the two? I really like that is is more than one batter, and appears very mod friendly. I am a very big fan of SMG.. so please keep that in mind :)

I think I will like and buy this game. I am just looking for some more input.

Thanks gang.
Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.

Dez caught it
e_barkmann

RE: Should a guy buy?

Post by e_barkmann »

but can't really remember any more about it then I did like it

there's your answer!
Scourge of War multiplayer group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sowwaterloo
aaatoysandmore

RE: Should a guy buy?

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Yes, for sure, this is the best real time civilwar game out there. Beats even Sid Meier's civilwar series all to hell. I don't like real time games but this one I can deal with as when they say real time they mean real time not some kids game clickfest game of rts. Great multiplayer fun to.

Return to “Scourge of War Gettysburg Series”