Gameplay questions

Commander - The Great War is the latest release in the popular and playable Commander series of historical strategy games. Gamers will enjoy a huge hex based campaign map that stretches from the USA in the west, Africa and Arabia to the south, Scandinavia to the north and the Urals to the east on a new engine that is more efficient and fully supports widescreen resolutions.
Commander – The Great War features a Grand Campaign covering the whole of World War I from the invasion of Belgium on August 5, 1914 to the Armistice on the 11th of November 1918 in addition to 16 different unit types including Infantry, Cavalry, Armoured Cars and Tanks, Artillery, Railroad Guns and Armoured Trains and more!

Moderators: Lord Zimoa, MOD_Commander_The_Great_War

kirk23

RE: Gameplay questions

Post by kirk23 »

Other than Zeppelins,Germany's best defense against Subs in the Baltic,are her Cruisers,don't disband these,Cruiser's anti-sub warfare increase's with Tech upgrades.[;)]
Make it so!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

German Battlecruiser arrives at Constantinople boosting Turkey morale.[:D]

Attachments
GermanCru..morale..jpg
GermanCru..morale..jpg (278.85 KiB) Viewed 112 times
Make it so!
OzHawkeye2

Post by OzHawkeye2 »

Noice [:)]
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Germany Invades Belgium before France officially joins the war. (Possible change to war start sequence)

Attachments
GermanyIn..thewar..jpg
GermanyIn..thewar..jpg (147.65 KiB) Viewed 112 times
Make it so!
operating

Post by operating »

ORIGINAL: kirk23

German Battlecruiser arrives at Constantinople boosting Turkey morale.[:D]

Have received this memo with CP subs arriving at Constantinople....
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest
AEWHistory

Post by AEWHistory »

Okay I've been kinda sidetracked and haven't responded how I'd intended, but I have a quick question: I really can't figure out how to keep the ottomans reasonably healthy until Bulgaria joins. AH has no naval transport capability, a unit transported from Germany has a nice cubes chance in hell of making it, and there is no rail link. So how do I get the Turks a little help? Also, is it me or are the Brits overpowering? It is early '15, I've intercepted at least 150PPs of British shipping and they have still managed to send a few corps to France, a couple to Italy, and a small horde into the Middle East and run over the Turks. Ugh!
operating

Post by operating »

ORIGINAL: AEWHistory

Okay I've been kinda sidetracked and haven't responded how I'd intended, but I have a quick question: I really can't figure out how to keep the ottomans reasonably healthy until Bulgaria joins. AH has no naval transport capability, a unit transported from Germany has a nice cubes chance in hell of making it, and there is no rail link. So how do I get the Turks a little help? Also, is it me or are the Brits overpowering? It is early '15, I've intercepted at least 150PPs of British shipping and they have still managed to send a few corps to France, a couple to Italy, and a small horde into the Middle East and run over the Turks. Ugh!
[/quot
To be honest, I have not downloaded the new patch yet. This dated SS is to just give you an idea on how to defend from an English onslaught.

Look at the terrain between Gaza and Aqaba, hold the hexes that can be entrenched, let the English sit in the dunes (units cannot entrench in dunes). To me, the Turks are too weak to go on the offense for long when they enter, IMO it is best to set up a static front there. Yes you will take a beating, until your infantry and garrisons build a double deep entrenchments, one for front lines, the other for reserves, keep rotating damaged units to reserves. The soul purpose is to prevent a breakthrough. Focus your infantry tech on entrenchments. Over time all front lines should be infantry, with a mix of infantry, garrisons and at least one cavalry that can see behind the English front lines in reserves, also place the Pasha with the best defense rating just behind the front line. After awhile you should be strong enough to do your own counter attacks on the English salient, enough to give them a bloody nose and throw them off balance. If you can afford it, an artillery unit there would make life a lot easier till the other side get's counterbattery tech or bombs the crap out of your artillery. Try and not move units there during winter turns, keep efficiency up. English attacks and movements in winter drops their efficiency big time. There is a lot of tactics that can be implemented in this area, I'm just trying to supply you with some basics, if they are of any help in your problem.

PS: In the picture do not pay attention to the Turk infantry placements out in front in the dunes, it's a late in the game SS of an MP match.
Attachments
ctgw_1401213007.jpg
ctgw_1401213007.jpg (377.14 KiB) Viewed 113 times
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest

Return to “Commander - The Great War”