Not Attacking Belgium

Commander - The Great War is the latest release in the popular and playable Commander series of historical strategy games. Gamers will enjoy a huge hex based campaign map that stretches from the USA in the west, Africa and Arabia to the south, Scandinavia to the north and the Urals to the east on a new engine that is more efficient and fully supports widescreen resolutions.
Commander – The Great War features a Grand Campaign covering the whole of World War I from the invasion of Belgium on August 5, 1914 to the Armistice on the 11th of November 1918 in addition to 16 different unit types including Infantry, Cavalry, Armoured Cars and Tanks, Artillery, Railroad Guns and Armoured Trains and more!

Moderators: Lord Zimoa, MOD_Commander_The_Great_War

ILCK

Not Attacking Belgium

Post by ILCK »

I used to enjoy Guns of August (if I could only find my CD now) and not running the Schlieffen Plan. Seemed like a high viable way to win for the Germans in that game.

Is there a way or scenario (iPad) that allows me to not follow the same historical path?
Owllord

RE: Not Attacking Belgium

Post by Owllord »

There is a scenario that that features a neutral Belgium, UK and Ottoman Empire:

slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=218&t=41850&p=394307#p394307

If you are familiar with transferring files from your PC to your iPad (assuming you have the PC version of the game as well), you can start the game, save it, and transfer the savegame to your iPad. I'm not sure if transfering scenario files directly to the iPad will work.
The artist known as Owl
AEWHistory

Post by AEWHistory »

Nice to see GoA mentioned! I use to play the board game many years ago. In fact, that was always the de facto WWI grand start game for years. There weren't exactly a lot of choices, eh?
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

ORIGINAL: ILCK

I used to enjoy Guns of August (if I could only find my CD now) and not running the Schlieffen Plan. Seemed like a high viable way to win for the Germans in that game.

Is there a way or scenario (iPad) that allows me to not follow the same historical path?

Belgium,Britain & Turkey stay neutral mod:

tm.asp?m=3303962

Download this mod,at the present time just replace the original 1914 scenario,with this modified one.Future patches are going to allow for easier modding capabilities cheers.[;)]
Make it so!

Return to “Commander - The Great War”