What is this? The Campaign Series: Fall Weiss

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

radic202

What is this? The Campaign Series: Fall Weiss

Post by radic202 »

Just saw this on Steam and basically I HAVE NEVER seen or heard of this anywhere before especially since it is from Wasteland Interactive??? Please enlighten me as I am at a complete lost on where this came from. Or those little "blue pills" are making me forget things................

Set during the early events of World War 2, Fall Weiss is a new successor to the Panzer General

For the first time player has a possibility to recreate the events of the first campaign of World War 2. What is more important - the course of history can be changed, and the Germans and Soviets can be defeated. It's all up to you.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/283020/

It is much harder to think about doing something than actually doing it!
MrsWargamer

RE: What is this? The Campaign Series: Fall Weiss

Post by MrsWargamer »

It's what it looks like.

Granted, the name Campaign Series will confuse and confound. And the statement successor to Panzer General might cause some trouble.

But the game has no connection to Tiller and it isn't really in any fashion a direct derivative of Panzer General beyond potential appearances.

But if enough developers design enough hex based turn using wargames about the same event crammed into a 6 year span of history eventually you will run out of unique terminology.

I have seen Wastelands develop one too many titles though, and then seem to get bored with the project and immediate bugger off to do something new and more interesting. The only word I am inclined to be concerned about is the word 'series'. I'll be more impressed when they have produced the 3rd release in the design and are still actively working on the first release in the design.

They did Strategic War in Europe which seems to have made a Strategic withdrawal from activity.
They did WW2 Time of Wrath which became Time of Fury, which seems to have become WW2 the entirely forgotten effort.

I am not saying the games are bad, I am saying the games seem to get released, and then a year later it's forgotten.

I tend to be reluctant to get excited by a design from a group that doesn't have any evidence of proof of a future.

Panzer Corps needs no introduction, nor does Battle Academy.
No one needs to wonder if War in the East will suffer the fate of soon to be forgotten.
You might have spent a fortune on buying Close Combat releases, but the games have not lost interest.
Panther Games have not shown any desire to stop hammering away at their products.
There isn't a lot of comment about Strategic Command 3, but I have no doubt it will see the light of day eventually.

I saw the mention of Fall Weiss a while ago, and to be honest, I didn't care.
Wastelands needs to settle down and decide what they really feel like doing first, and then actually stick with that decision and remain with that direction and earn some genuine reputation for not running off shortly after release.
The market is not shy of WW2 wargame developers. There are no shortage of people out there doing this stuff.

If I want to play a WW2 game, set in Poland 1939 using hexes and turns, there ARE plenty of choices.
I think Campaign Series, likely belongs more so to Vic of VR Designs, only he calls his Decisive Campaigns. And they actually are a series.

Just my thoughts on the matter.
I have not regretted buying Time of Wrath, or Strategic War in Europe, but it is sad the games seem to have fallen off the radar so rapidly too.
Wargame, 05% of the time.
Play with Barbies 05% of the time.
Play with Legos 10% of the time.
Build models 20% of the time
Shopping 60% of the time.
Exlains why I buy em more than I play em.
budd

Post by budd »

what she said ^ Haven't touched anything after Storm over the Pacific, although i think i got Time of fury or was it time of wrath free....which ever is the older one. I haven't played enough to really give an opinion on gameplay but the release and leave mentality is worrisome.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

ORIGINAL: MrsWargamer

It's what it looks like.

Granted, the name Campaign Series will confuse and confound. And the statement successor to Panzer General might cause some trouble.

But the game has no connection to Tiller and it isn't really in any fashion a direct derivative of Panzer General beyond potential appearances.

But if enough developers design enough hex based turn using wargames about the same event crammed into a 6 year span of history eventually you will run out of unique terminology.

I have seen Wastelands develop one too many titles though, and then seem to get bored with the project and immediate bugger off to do something new and more interesting. The only word I am inclined to be concerned about is the word 'series'. I'll be more impressed when they have produced the 3rd release in the design and are still actively working on the first release in the design.

They did Strategic War in Europe which seems to have made a Strategic withdrawal from activity.
They did WW2 Time of Wrath which became Time of Fury, which seems to have become WW2 the entirely forgotten effort.

I am not saying the games are bad, I am saying the games seem to get released, and then a year later it's forgotten.

I tend to be reluctant to get excited by a design from a group that doesn't have any evidence of proof of a future.

No one needs to wonder if War in the East will suffer the fate of soon to be forgotten.
You might have spent a fortune on buying Close Combat releases, but the games have not lost interest.
Panther Games have not shown any desire to stop hammering away at their products.
There isn't a lot of comment about Strategic Command 3, but I have no doubt it will see the light of day eventually.

Wastelands needs to settle down and decide what they really feel like doing first, and then actually stick with that decision and remain with that direction and earn some genuine reputation for not running off shortly after release.
The market is not shy of WW2 wargame developers. There are no shortage of people out there doing this stuff.

If I want to play a WW2 game, set in Poland 1939 using hexes and turns, there ARE plenty of choices.
I think Campaign Series, likely belongs more so to Vic of VR Designs, only he calls his Decisive Campaigns. And they actually are a series.

I have not regretted buying Time of Wrath, or Strategic War in Europe, but it is sad the games seem to have fallen off the radar so rapidly too.

+1
JRR
radic202

Post by radic202 »

It's what it looks like.

Thanks for the awesome feedback and info my friend.
It is much harder to think about doing something than actually doing it!
Wolfe1759

Post by Wolfe1759 »

It's what it looks like.

This and particularly this.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

I am playing the battleground Europe Mod for Panzer Corp and it's one of the best built mods ever. I am even cheating and having a hard time, i like the cheat code for adding prestige, what the heck, I got rid of Hitler and let Albert Speer run the country- more prestige is good at times

Return to “General Discussion”