All briefing and platform text etc missing

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

raygun57

All briefing and platform text etc missing

Post by raygun57 »

Hi all,

First post and eager to get into the newly downloaded and installed game. Hopefully mine is a common and simple problem.

When I start a scenario, there is nothing in the briefing box, it is just a white space. This is the same when I click on a platform - no text at all.

I haven't got much further to be honest as it kind of stopped me in my tracks.

Thanks in advance.

Raymond
ComDev

RE: All briefing and platform text etc missing

Post by ComDev »

I believe the issue is explained in the FAQ, here:

http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=2920#105

Did this solve the problem?

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!
raygun57

Post by raygun57 »

Apologies, I am such an idiot. I had downloaded the packs, which I thought were updates, but held off installing them until I solved my issue.

Does this populate the briefing text as well? When I launch the game I get the usual Win7 popup asking if the application is safe (how to disable that?) and then the command launcher tries to launch a google chrome window (I have unistalled internet explorer).

Cheers,

Raymond
raygun57

Post by raygun57 »

Didn't fix it unfortunately.

No text in any text like panel such as the lefthand side of the command loader, the right hand side of the scenario loader below the Difficulty / Complexity bars and nothing in the box below where you choose your side. Also nothing in the the database viewer.

Only thing I can think of is that the game relies on some external viewer that I don't have such as Internet Explorer?

Any help appreciated.

Rgds,

Raymond
Casinn

Post by Casinn »

Couple more posts and you will be able to upload a screenshot of it. (need 5 posts I think)
Sounds like something corrupted on install to me, but someone may have a simple answer like making sure you are using admin permission.
raygun57

Post by raygun57 »

I installed IE11 on my machine and voila, issue fixed and I can see everything. Clearly not compatible with a non-IE browser if IE has been stripped from the OS. Not a biggy although I will have to live with having IE on the machine again.

Looking forward to diving into it now.

Cheers,

Raymond

Return to “Tech Support”