Thank you Kirk23 for balance patch work and updates

Commander - The Great War is the latest release in the popular and playable Commander series of historical strategy games. Gamers will enjoy a huge hex based campaign map that stretches from the USA in the west, Africa and Arabia to the south, Scandinavia to the north and the Urals to the east on a new engine that is more efficient and fully supports widescreen resolutions.
Commander – The Great War features a Grand Campaign covering the whole of World War I from the invasion of Belgium on August 5, 1914 to the Armistice on the 11th of November 1918 in addition to 16 different unit types including Infantry, Cavalry, Armoured Cars and Tanks, Artillery, Railroad Guns and Armoured Trains and more!

Moderators: Lord Zimoa, MOD_Commander_The_Great_War

05Angels

Thank you Kirk23 for balance patch work and updates

Post by 05Angels »

Kirk, I am new to Commander and just picked it up when it hit Steam. I have an ongoing multiplayer game in progress with my usual opponent, and we are both enjoying the game.

I see your constant updates regarding the work you are doing to bring a new balance patch out and I am impressed (please keep the screenshots coming).

I want to thank you and all who are working with you on this game. Although you may not see many posts, I assure you there are many lurkers like myself that appreciate your efforts.
michaelincol

RE: Thank you Kirk23 for balance patch work and updates

Post by michaelincol »

Amen. I certainly appreciate the caring professional work given for our further enjoyment of a nice game Kirk23. Thank you very much as well. Makes a fellow wanna buy and then settle back to play for a good while.
amtrick

Post by amtrick »

Add my kudos ... it is refreshing to see developers who actually care about the game working right, though as I understand it Kirk23 isn't actually an employee of Lordz!
RickD
AEWHistory

Post by AEWHistory »

I really like the game as well. I'm looking forward to the next ipad update, but even now it is very enjoyable and a good aim of the First World War. In fact, I realized how good of a job the game was doing when I was getting annoyed a couple games in. I kept feeling like I couldn't do anything decisive! DUH! I stopped for a minute and just smiled to myself--I guess now I know how Haig, Ludendorff, and the rest felt. But yes, good game!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Cheers guys![&o][&o]

Its good to know that my efforts are not in vain,I really do care about the game,and want to see it get better and better,with fewer and fewer bugs I might add.[;)]
Make it so!
lparkh

Post by lparkh »

Your efforts are the main thing I am waiting for to get back into the game since around 1.02. Thank you. Question for you, at least in 1.02 the 1914 start was no longer a challenge (I could knock out France as CP at hardest level, and hold CPs sufficiently to eventually win) though the AI had been awesome... So my thought is to start next time in 1915 or 1916 when I am unlikely to knock out France as CP. But I have the impression the later scenarios had balance issues or bad settings (vague memories of threads on this). After your patching do you believe the later scenarios are working well?
I know multiplayer is a good option for 1914 but I would enjoy that too much and get sucked into playing too much and so want to stick with the solitaire version :)
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Hi Iparkh,all off the scenarios are getting a face lift and revamped,so they will all be a bit more challenging,and certainly not dull or boring.[:)]
Make it so!

Return to “Commander - The Great War”