Problem: 260th Sentai and PDU OFF (Obvert allowed)

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

GreyJoy

Problem: 260th Sentai and PDU OFF (Obvert allowed)

Post by GreyJoy »

Hi all,

having a strange issue that i seem to be unable to solve.
Me and Obvert (Erik) are playing, as you may know, a game with DBB-C mod and PDU OFF.
Everything is fine. It seems to me i have managed to grab most of the issues connected with the PDU OFF settings.
But there is one thing i really don't know how to handle.

I have this Sentai (the 260th) who starts the war flying the amazing ([:'(]) KI-43 Ib model.
Its upgrade path is pretty simple: KI-43 Ib, KI-43 IIa, KI-43 IIb etc...

So i managed to get the KI-43 IIa in 6/42 and already upgraded two different sentais that, from KI-43 Ic, were scheldued to upgrade to the IIa version.
The problem is the following: for the love of me i cannot upgrade the 260th Sentai to its next model in its upgrade path (the KI-43 IIa)

I have tried everything.
Currently it is based at Calcutta, where there is an AF of Level 7, 46,000 supplies, an air HQ and there are plenty of planes in the pool.
What am i doing wrong? I have really tried evrything and the strange thing is that this issue happens ONLY with this particular sentai, so i am wondering if there's something particular connected with this group

Thanks folks!

GJ

Attachments
India.jpg
India.jpg (316.44 KiB) Viewed 90 times
rustysi

RE: Problem: 260th Sentai and PDU OFF (no Obvert for the moment plz)

Post by rustysi »

Look at your future upgrade paths to the right. This unit will not upgrade until the Ki-84a Frank comes into production.[:(]
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
GreyJoy

Post by GreyJoy »

ORIGINAL: rustysi

Look at your future upgrade paths to the right. This unit will not upgrade until the Ki-84a Frank comes into production.[:(]

Don't understand, sorry.
Isn't the path like that: KI-43 IIa, KI-43 IIb, KI-84a etc...?
So the unit should be able to upgrade once the KI-43 IIa comes online, right?
koniu

Post by koniu »

ORIGINAL: GreyJoy

Don't understand, sorry.
Isn't the path like that: KI-43 IIa, KI-43 IIb, KI-84a etc...?
So the unit should be able to upgrade once the KI-43 IIa comes online, right?
Right!!
You should attach save. And maybe Michaelm will do his magic.
For me it look like some kind of save/data corruption maybe.
Hard to tell. But i am sure You should be allowed to upgrade

Can You post main Sentai window with upgrade option turn ON there
"Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War"
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

Oops, my eyes aren't what they use to be. I thought the first two were referring to the Ki-43-I's. Sorry.

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

GreyJoy

Post by GreyJoy »

Here it is Koniu

Doesn't seem like a save corruption. This particular sentai seems to have a "coded block"... i'll check the editor

rustysi

Post by rustysi »

Did the unit just take replacements? Can only do that once a week. See where it says replacements delayed, no upgrade possible? maybe that's it? You might just have to wait a bit.

koniu

Post by koniu »

Yes. For me everything looks ok here. Or as You say it is hard coded block or it is job for someone with access to save insides.

Maybe someone from scenario madders will know answer because it can be scenario related.

EDIT:
Plus i will change Sentai commander. Air skill is to low. For traning unit great for combat unit i will want to have air at 60+

EDIT2
It is traning unit[:D]
koniu

Post by koniu »

Did the unit just take replacements? Can only do that once a week. See where it says replacements delayed, no upgrade possible? maybe that's it? You might just have to wait a bit.

Replacement delay is not blocking upgrade ability at lest in game i am playing, but this is in PDU ON game, I dont know how this work with PDU OFF but i believe there is no difference
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

ORIGINAL: koniu

Replacement delay is not blocking upgrade ability at lest in game i am playing, but this is in PDU ON game, I dont know how this work with PDU OFF but i believe there is no difference

OK, just a SWAG (simple wild a** guess), but something is causing that 'No upgrade possible' to be there.

koniu

Post by koniu »

ORIGINAL: koniu

OK, just a SWAG (simple wild a** guess), but something is causing that 'No upgrade possible' to be there.

'No upgrade possible' is there because as we see Sentai already is flying KI-43 Ib.
Problem we have here is why GreyJoy cant change upgrade model to next in upgrade path.
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

'No upgrade possible' is there because as we see Sentai already is flying KI-43 Ib.
Problem we have here is why GreyJoy cant change upgrade path to next model

Correct, but as you can see the next upgrade for the unit is the IIa. Since there's no future date to wait for and there are sufficient A/C in the replacement pool once the upgrade button at the bottom is selected the IIa should show up in the field where it is showing 'No upgrade possible'. This leads me to believe there's a condition for upgrade that's not met.

Spidery

Post by Spidery »

This is scenario 30, DaIronBabes-C?

It looks like it is wrong in the scenario and has "00 - Upgrade 1" for its first upgrade, so no upgrade allowed.

It is a bonus group from what you would have in scenario 1, so just use it for training.
Barb

Post by Barb »

Can you try to leave her as "Allowed to upgrade" + "stand down" through the turn resolution?
Maybe it will automatically upgrade its Ki-43-Ib to Ki-43-Ib ... if you cannot do it manually...
fcharton

Post by fcharton »

Hi Greyjoy

This is not specific to DBB: you get the same in scenario 2: there is an upgrade path, but you're prevented from moving upwards.
There are a few more squadrons in this case: for instance the 8th Sentai Det B, which will remain a Dinah I no matter what, and the 81th Sentai Det, which won't move past Dinah II. For what I know, Tracker provides the accurate information as to what can upgrade.

As for the 260th, just make sure that you have a few Oscars 1b in reserve to keep it flying throughout the war, and use it as a training outfit, replacing the Nate squadrons that can upgrade to Oscars or Tojos.

Francois
GreyJoy

Post by GreyJoy »

Thanks a lot guys!

Yes, I think Francois is right. I checked in the Tracker and yes, that sentai has no upgrade path... So it is WAD and we have to live with it.
I'll leave it as a traning group (I had used that sentai a bit till now, but now those old Oscars are really becoming obsolete) and will be moving a couple of Nates squadrons to India in order to replace it.

Thanks again, as always, for your support!
Love this forum!!!

Symon

Post by Symon »

Ahhhh ... poo !! You are caught in a modder blivet. You are doing the IronBabes Scen30-C (which is based on Scen-02) AndyMac did that one and Daryl Warner ported it over to Babes. They missed a couple of multi-file implication things and this is one of them. There is no 260th Sentai in the regular Babes, it was an Andy addition to Scen02. Unfortunately, he gave it the Ki-43-Ib, which dead-ends. It has no integral upgrade path in the Airplane database, just like the Ki-43-Ia (because they didn't irl). However, the other airgroups that start with these planes have "Airgroup Upgrade" paths that point to two or more different flows. Unfortunately, the Scen30-C (and Scen02) modders missed this and "new/additional" Sentai that start with the Ki-43-Ia or I-b will deadend.

This is a modder blivet.

If you wish, and if Obvert agrees, I suggest editing the Airgroups file so that the 260th Sentai has the "Upgrade" field set to "01 - Ki-43-IIa Oscar". I do believe that is the righteous solution. Please send this to Obvert. He's a good man, and I don't want him to be blindsided. Between the two of you, this is a simple fix.

Ciao. John
Nous n'avons pas peur! Vive la liberté! Moi aussi je suis Charlie!
Yippy Ki Yay.
obvert

Post by obvert »

ORIGINAL: Symon

Ahhhh ... poo !! You are caught in a modder blivet. You are doing the IronBabes Scen30-C (which is based on Scen-02) AndyMac did that one and Daryl Warner ported it over to Babes. They missed a couple of multi-file implication things and this is one of them. There is no 260th Sentai in the regular Babes, it was an Andy addition to Scen02. Unfortunately, he gave it the Ki-43-Ib, which dead-ends. It has no integral upgrade path in the Airplane database, just like the Ki-43-Ia (because they didn't irl). However, the other airgroups that start with these planes have "Airgroup Upgrade" paths that point to two or more different flows. Unfortunately, the Scen30-C (and Scen02) modders missed this and "new/additional" Sentai that start with the Ki-43-Ia or I-b will deadend.

This is a modder blivet.

If you wish, and if Obvert agrees, I suggest editing the Airgroups file so that the 260th Sentai has the "Upgrade" field set to "01 - Ki-43-IIa Oscar". I do believe that is the righteous solution. Please send this to Obvert. He's a good man, and I don't want him to be blindsided. Between the two of you, this is a simple fix.

Ciao. John

Completely fine with me. I agreed to the Scen 2 equivalent to allow some compensation for the PDU-off, so to hamstring several groups to 1941 airframes doesn't seem quite right! [:)]

I'll send a note to Nick and he can work out the changes needed. Thanks for the inside info.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
Symon

Post by Symon »

ORIGINAL: obvert
Completely fine with me. I agreed to the Scen 2 equivalent to allow some compensation for the PDU-off, so to hamstring several groups to 1941 airframes doesn't seem quite right! [:)]

I'll send a note to Nick and he can work out the changes needed. Thanks for the inside info.
Obvert, you are one of those special people that anyone would like to have as an opponent. If there is anything else I can do to help your game, please do not hesitate to ask. This goes for Nik, as well, with all the bells and whistles.

Ciao. JWE
Nous n'avons pas peur! Vive la liberté! Moi aussi je suis Charlie!
Yippy Ki Yay.
GreyJoy

Post by GreyJoy »

ORIGINAL: Symon

This is a modder blivet.

Ciao. John

Thanks for the infos John! Really appreciated the nice words too![:)]

What should we do? Edit the Scenario 30 with the editor? If so that shouldn't be difficult...
Also, do you know which are the air groups affected by this glitch?

Thanks again!

GJ!

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”