Patch 1.5.2 update news

Commander - The Great War is the latest release in the popular and playable Commander series of historical strategy games. Gamers will enjoy a huge hex based campaign map that stretches from the USA in the west, Africa and Arabia to the south, Scandinavia to the north and the Urals to the east on a new engine that is more efficient and fully supports widescreen resolutions.
Commander – The Great War features a Grand Campaign covering the whole of World War I from the invasion of Belgium on August 5, 1914 to the Armistice on the 11th of November 1918 in addition to 16 different unit types including Infantry, Cavalry, Armoured Cars and Tanks, Artillery, Railroad Guns and Armoured Trains and more!

Moderators: Lord Zimoa, MOD_Commander_The_Great_War

Lord Zimoa

Patch 1.5.2 update news

Post by Lord Zimoa »

Commander: The Great War patch 1.5.2 is ready, now we have to wait for Apple approval. Than we release PC, Steam and iPad at the same time.

iPad CTGW changelog 1.5.2:

- Auto zoom-out on turn end
- Move visible confirmation icons (on top of units)
- Link to gameplay support forum
- AI long loops reported fixed
- AI crashes fixed
- New versioning scheme

PC and Steam changelog 1.5.2:

- Various AI crashes fixed
- Fixed AI crash caused by incorrect embarking
- Fixed long (to infinite) AI turn loops
- Fixed a problem with loading game when custom unit name has "," (comma)
- Fixed Unmoved unit cycling with PageUp/PageDown keys
- Rendering via Direct3D support
- Fixed a bug in the Steam installer causing game not always starting
- Fixed camera AI swinging bug by auto zoom-out on turn end
- Added link to gameplay support forum
- New version numbering scheme
- Double click to confirm action or move introduced to reduce accidental actions/moves
OzHawkeye2

RE: Patch 1.5.2 update news

Post by OzHawkeye2 »

How long does that Apple approval process normally take? Both out of curiosity, but also because I'm currently stuck on the Naval AI bug, it'd be good to have some idea of the timeline involved.
Lord Zimoa

Post by Lord Zimoa »

Apparently up to 8 working days we have submitted last Monday, we are nail-biting here as well...

From this patch on we have changed the numbering scheme between Slith servers and the engine and how they communicate, so yes after this patch froward we will no longer be kept hostage by the slow Apple approval process

Side note, the new 1.6 Beta patch we want to release as fast as possible as soon as 1.5.2 is life on Steam. More news next week.
AEWHistory

Post by AEWHistory »

Are we up to 7 working days today? I'm just trying to figure out when the patch will be coming. Apple needs to move their rear ends, there are grognards looking for a fix here!!!
OzHawkeye2

Post by OzHawkeye2 »

Ayup, I've been checking Steam daily to see if it's updated. Sadly, still no update.
Lord Zimoa

Post by Lord Zimoa »

Apple`s approval and patch process policy shows how much they care about their App customers really.

Sorry guys, we are irritated as well and all we can do is wait... it is disgrace IMHO.
OzHawkeye2

Post by OzHawkeye2 »

ORIGINAL: Lord Zimoa

Apple`s approval and patch process policy shows how much they care about their App customers really.

Sorry guys, we are irritated as well and all we can do is wait... it is disgrace IMHO.

No need to apologise Lord Zimoa. It's Apple that's the holdup as we all understand. [:)]
AEWHistory

Post by AEWHistory »

Let me second OzHawkeye's thoughts. Anyway, it isn't like the game isn't playable, I'm just looking forward to some improvements. Still, it really does feel like Apple has transformed into the Microsoft of a decade and a half ago. Funny how times change.....
OzHawkeye2

Post by OzHawkeye2 »

ORIGINAL: AEWHistory

Let me second OzHawkeye's thoughts. Anyway, it isn't like the game isn't playable, I'm just looking forward to some improvements. Still, it really does feel like Apple has transformed into the Microsoft of a decade and a half ago. Funny how times change.....

Unfortunately for me it is - my current game is stuck on the Naval AI bug, and I've been reluctant to start another until I finish this one, though I might just have to bite the bullet and make a new game.
Lord Zimoa

Post by Lord Zimoa »

Hi guys,

Just got in the news Apple approved the CTGW 1.5.2 patch, so we are now preparing and scheduling the patch releases. More news later today!
OzHawkeye2

Post by OzHawkeye2 »

[&o] [X(]
AEWHistory

Post by AEWHistory »

Yeeeeeehaaaaa! [:D]
Lord Zimoa

Post by Lord Zimoa »

Slitherine are preparing the release for all platforms, as soon as they are ready I will post here.
toddtreadway

Post by toddtreadway »

So are there any gameplay changes, re-balancing Serbia, etc.?
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

Yes this is holding up the war![;)] You have to make sure it works for those lousy ipods!
Lord Zimoa

Post by Lord Zimoa »

A big rebalancing Beta patch 1.6 is being prepared at the moment, more news soon. We will offer it as an open Beta.
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

Great, now I'll never get a game started because I need to wait for that.
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

ORIGINAL: toddtreadway

So are there any gameplay changes, re-balancing Serbia, etc.?

Hi not just Serbia is re-balanced,every Country in the game,has been re-balanced,this has been done mainly due to,the fixing off the Free Upkeep allowance issue,which as you can see from this photo, highlighted in red,is now showing Upkeep costs in game for their respective Countries.These changes will all be included in the game play patch I'm busy working on,Patch 1.6

Attachments
Serbiarebalanced..jpg
Serbiarebalanced..jpg (200.03 KiB) Viewed 312 times
Make it so!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

ORIGINAL: vonRocko

Great, now I'll never get a game started because I need to wait for that.

Look on the bright side,the 1.6 beta patch,game play wise,is better in every way,and should be ready for beta testing,by you guys within a couple off weeks,once given approval by the powers that be.[:)]
Make it so!
toddtreadway

Post by toddtreadway »

Thanks Kirk!

Return to “Commander - The Great War”