Downloaded BRS but not the base CW2 game

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
Mac Linehan

Downloaded BRS but not the base CW2 game

Post by Mac Linehan »

Gents -

I bought CW2 and the Bloody Road South while on sale on 7/13/14. However, I only downloaded the BRS expansion. Earlier this afternoon, while installing the BRS executable I realized my mistake, as the CW2 serial number did not activate the executable. I went back to my email account and sure enough there was a second serial number for the BRS expansion.

My mistake was to assume that the promotion sale only required one serial number. More than 14 days have passed, therefore the original download link has expired.

Also - my error can be attributed to Operator Brainlessness...<grin>

I have attempted to submit a help ticket from the member's area; but while I can fill in the preliminary information, the actual word processing field is grayed out and will not allow me to detail my error.

Interestingly enough, my members area serial number listing lists only the CW2 serial number; but not the Bloody Road South serial number.

The executable on my hard drive is "CW2 The Bloody Road South - Setup Release v103exe.

If the standard help ticket approach is not available, how would I approach the help desk to ask for a link to download the base game?

The Matrix folks should be able to verify that my CW2 link was not used; and I will gladly submit the two serial numbers upon request.

While the missing download can be corrected, I am at a loss as to why I could not write in the description field of the Help Ticket. I have Internet Explorer 10, with no problems in the past.

Also - my eight week summer job takes me to the Colorado Mountains, where I use an older AMD 1GH computer. The original BRS file was downloaded to that computer, and then, today (upon my return to Denver), transferred to my newer i7 computer. Don't think that this would be an issue, but felt best to mention it.

Thank You for your help, Gents.

Mac
LAV-25 2147
VPaulus

RE: Downloaded BRS but not the base CW2 game

Post by VPaulus »

ORIGINAL: Mac Linehan

While the missing download can be corrected, I am at a loss as to why I could not write in the description field of the Help Ticket. I have Internet Explorer 10, with no problems in the past.

Turn the Compatibility View on and you'll be able to insert text in the description field. Don't worry, we will be able to provide you with new download links.

If you still experience difficulties with the ticket just contact us then at support[at]slitherine.co.uk with your order details and we will also provide you with download links and the serial numbers regarding your order.
Mac Linehan

Post by Mac Linehan »

VPaulus -

Thank You for your immediate response and suggestion; I successfully submitted a Help Desk Ticket.

I, Sir, am in your debt.

Mac
LAV-25 2147
Mac Linehan

Post by Mac Linehan »

Gents -

I would like to state my sincere gratitude and appreciation for the Matrix Help Desk in general, and Joe Miller in particular. With one computer belly up (in the shop) and the newer computer too far from the router (soon to be hardwired with a cable), Joe kindly set up a link for me to download the missing CW2 base executable using my wife's downstairs computer.

I give Joe and the Help Desk five stars - for prompt corrective action, thinking out of the box, lots of patience and a high level of trust.

Thank you Joe, and VPaulus for your generous help.

Now, I will have to find the time to pause my WitP AE game(s) and switch gears to learn CW2...<grin>

Sincerely, Mac
LAV-25 2147
Mac Linehan

Post by Mac Linehan »

Gents -

After moving my i7 computer downstairs and no improvement in my Internet connection, my awesome wife bought be a Ethernet cable - and Voilà! Problem resolved. So, it took a while to figure out, but no matter, I have learned much and received much help and guidance from several forum members and Joe at the Matrix Help Desk.

Thank You all, I am very grateful.

Mac
LAV-25 2147

Return to “Tech Support”