Diplomacy Options

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies and ship designs with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Cyrtis

Diplomacy Options

Post by Cyrtis »

I'm not new to DW, but I still don't understand some things in this amazing game.

Could someone tell me why, for example, The Human Empire would ever want to offer protectorate status to say, the Kiadian Republic?

I may be wrong, but it seems protectorate status would only get the Human empire shared vision, while the Kiadians would have the Humans to protect them. So ultimately, this benefits the Kiadians, while burdening the Humans. The Kiadians are getting free protection.

Thanks!
Werewolf13

RE: Diplomacy Options

Post by Werewolf13 »

[:D] So far the Kiadians are my favorite race to play. If the humans want to shed their blood to protect me - who am I to argue with their generosity? [;)]
Freedom is not free! Nor should it be. For men being men will neither fight for nor value that which is free.

Michael Andress
Cyrtis

Post by Cyrtis »

Since I can't recruit spies, but rather they just *poof* appear, I tend to avoid using them for anything but counter-intel. So I usually try to avoid entanglements with the Kiadians. Live and let live. Or total annihilation. Whatever... [:D]
Aeson

Post by Aeson »

Not everything that you do must come with its own inherent benefit. If, for example, the Kiadians are a large trading partner of your Humans, then offering them protectorate status or a defensive alliance lets everyone else in the game know that if they decide to mess with the Kiadians, you're going to get involved. This should help keep your trading partner safe from predatory empires, such as the Boskara, and a safe trading partner can be a more profitable one. I believe that both Mutual Defense Pacts and Protectorates additionally act as an improved Free Trade Agreement, though I am not certain.

Return to “The War Room”