Games Workshop’s “Battle for Armageddon” setting in a series of amazing multiplatform, turn-based, hex-based games. Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon will make full use of Slitherine's expertise in creating compelling and challenging strategy gaming experiences. The initial game is set during the Second War of Armageddon and players will lead the Imperial forces of the Armageddon Steel Legion and Space Marines®from the Ultramarines, Blood Angels and Salamanders Chapters against Ghazghkull Thraka’s massive Ork Waaagh! invasion through over 30 scenarios, on the hostile terrain of the planet and its gigantic Hive Cities.
Lord Zimoa

Post by Lord Zimoa »

Take your ticket to Armageddon!

Epsom, UK – August 04, 2014.

Today we are overjoyed to share with you that Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon, one of the most anticipated turn-based strategy games of the year, is getting ready for release! This detailed multiplatform wargame is now ready to enter the PC beta phase and we invite players to help us test it! By signing up for the beta, players will have a chance to be selected to be one of the lucky few, who will be able experience Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon before release and help us with the final touches, ensuring a smooth release later this year.

Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon is set during the Second War for Armageddon. In this hex-based, turn-based game developed by Flashback Games and The Lordz Games Studio, players will lead the Imperial forces of the Armageddon Steel Legion and Space Marines from a variety of Chapters against the Ork invasion through over 30 scenarios, on the hostile terrain of the planet and its gigantic Hive Cities. The game features a complex plot, involving known characters from the Warhammer 40,000 universe and while advancing through the campaign, the player will have the ability to carryover his core force from scenario to scenario.

Players can sign up for the beta by clicking here:

http://slitherine.com/beta_test

Get more information on Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon from its official product page at:

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/540 ... Armageddon

sshnuke

RE: Sign up for the Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Beta

Post by sshnuke »

so it will be on steam i think
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

Ya think? [:D]
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

If we haven't heard back, can we assume that we didn't get in? Or is the selection still running?
Helmholz

Post by Helmholz »

Very excited for this! Can't wait to get into the beta.
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

Probably unlikely to happen now, unless somebody drops out.
sshnuke

Post by sshnuke »

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... df2f2e5487
When the beta starts we'll let you know by email. We'll also send out a note to let you know if you didn't make it in stage 1 of the testing. We think it will probably be next week now as we've had a couple of delays slowing things down.
Ursa MAior

Post by Ursa MAior »

So if there is no answer yet, it means I am not in the 1st round of testers?
Art by the amazing Dixie
JiminyJickers

Post by JiminyJickers »

No, I believe they haven't decided yet. They are still too busy getting the beta ready for testing. If you follow the link by sshnuke above, the developer stated that they are flat out working on finishing the beta first.
ImperialGrunt

Post by ImperialGrunt »

Hi gents,

I just signed up as a beta tester, I guess if I am lucky I might make it in the second wave.

Not a lot of Warhammer 40K experience beyond playing Relic's Dawn of War titles and DOW 2. I have read a couple of the books and understand the basics of the universe.

I have been a beta tester for the Combat Mission series for awhile and I have a military background (USMC). I've been deployed a few times overseas. I really like sci-fi and would love to see a 40K game mixed in with realistic military operational considerations without getting overly complicated.

I also have played the Battle Academy games. That would make for a great 40k platform as well in my opinion.
JiminyJickers

Post by JiminyJickers »

Well, it seems like the beta has already begun if you look over at the Slitherine forums. Haven't received a invite yet, haven't received an email saying that I'm not in like they said they would send if you didn't get in, so there is still hope. Fingers crossed, really like my Warhammer 40K and would love to be involved.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

done and sent, so maybe next round then, you may get lucky[:D][;)][8D]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
ImperialGrunt

Post by ImperialGrunt »

Hey there is some life here! Ok. Copy that. I'll stand by to stand by.

Return to “Warhammer® 40,000® Armageddon™”