A Few New Player Questions

Civil War 2 is the definitive grand strategy game of the period. It is a turn based regional game with an emphasis on playability and historical accuracy. It is built on the renowned AGE game engine, with a modern and intuitive interface that makes it easy to learn yet hard to master.
This historical operational strategy game with a simultaneous turn-based engine (WEGO system) that places players at the head of the USA or CSA during the American Civil War (1861-1865).

Moderator: Pocus

Basilhare

A Few New Player Questions

Post by Basilhare »

New player here, both to the game & the AGEOD System...have read the manual, played the tutorials, watched some youtube "lets play" vids....that has helped a great deal...really enjoying the game so far! May I ask you veteran players a few questions:

1. Do all new Confederate Leaders appear in Richmond?

2. If I simply sail a Confederate Brig or other ship into the shipping lanes box, does it become a commerce raider? Is there an option to make a particular ship a commerce raider or blockade runner?

3. I notice that when I switch to the strategic cities filter on the map, some of the cities "flash" but some do not. Why?

4. Is selecting the rather expensive Ironworks options for the Confederates, worth the investment in the long haul?

5. Most of my Confederate 1861 army or large force sized units do not have the option to switch to offensive mode. Is this because their CP ratings are in red and their force is penalized and prevented to going to offensive mode until I can improve their CP allotment?

Thanks for your help...
Basilhare (Faron)
Santini

RE: A Few New Player Questions

Post by Santini »

Hio!
1. Nope, a good chunk do, but they pop up all over the place
2. With brigs at least, they blockade run in the blockade zone, and commerce raid when in the shipping lanes
3. I think the ones that flash are the objective ones?
4. Not sure. Generally I select my industry upgrades based on their location
5. If the general leading the stack is not activated, they can't go offensive, move slower, etc. Better strat rating means better chance to be activated.
Basilhare

Post by Basilhare »

Thanks!
Basilhare (Faron)
Symple

Post by Symple »

Just a follow up on buying the expensive Ironworks. Build most of the more inexpensive ones. But at least one of the more expensive ones is a good investment at a time when you have no recruits and lots of cash. Probably you do not need more. My suggestion is to build all production facilities slowly until, combined with your blockade runners and commerce raiders, you are netting sufficient war supply to keep your production going.

The irony in this game, the better you do the more resources you have and the less you need them.

Return to “Civil War II”