Reloading ATGMs

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin, IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian

mb4329

RE: Reloading ATGMs

Post by mb4329 »

I am curious after sliding the round out how does the crew get the fins extended? The one getting pushed out of the reloading hatch, in the video, has the fins folded down (or not attached??). Anyone know how they manage that trick?

Merrick
Tazak

Post by Tazak »

Looking at this picture of a AT3 (for sale at a snip of 250 euros!!), the fins are clearly folded. I'd think that the crew member who sticks out his hand to put the missile onto the rail would most likely have to manually expand the fins or there could be some wire that is pulled allowing the fins to spring load into position but that is just guesswork on my part

Attachments
AT3sagger.jpg
AT3sagger.jpg (127.53 KiB) Viewed 23 times
AUCTO SPLENDORE RESURGO
Richie61

Post by Richie61 »

BMP-1
(The original design carries a single anti tank missile on the barrel, the 9M14 Malyutka (NATO designation AT-3 Sagger). This was capable of a range of 3000m and defeating any tank at the time of introduction.
Reloading is slow, through a special rectangular hatch in the front of the turret. Four reloads are carried.

The gunner connects the wires to the missile and leans out to place the missile on the rack. The BMP gunner is unique because he is armed with a stick, to fold the fins of the missile out before firing.
To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.

Sun Tzu

Tazak

Post by Tazak »

The BMP gunner is unique because he is armed with a stick, to fold the fins of the missile out before firing.

A stick....well that's[:D].....does the BMP1 have a mesh around the inside of the turret or those "dark gaps no one knows where they go". You can almost hear the radio traffic when the gunner is asked why he's not firing missiles at the rapidly approaching NATO tanks [:D]

But sir I can't, I broke my stick
AUCTO SPLENDORE RESURGO

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”