Questions on Tutorials

Scourge of War is the definitive American Civil War grand tactical wargame of this generation. With impressive 3D graphics, an award-winning AI, pausable real-time play, historical battlefield terrain and orders of battle down to the regiment and battery level, Scourge of War captures the tactical challenges that faced the real Union and Confederate commanders more than 130 years ago.

This forum covers the main game Gettysburg and its two expansions Antietam, Pipe Creek, and Chancellorsville!

Moderator: MOD_ScourgeofWar

balto

Questions on Tutorials

Post by balto »

(1) In the Arty tutorial, the red marker for location and cover is for the Limber marker. There is no way that is correct; it would have to be the gun. Is there a mod or something that fixes this?

(2) In the first two tutorials (brigade and Arty) I can see in the unit window when they are receiving a Higher Elevation bonus, but I cannot see where this occurs on the map no matter what camera angle I use. Is there something or some mod that would clearly show me the elevations?

(3) The Arty tutorial, the AI is very strange in that it keep readjusting its position and blocking each other. Is all Arty AI this strange and is there a mod that fixes this? If not, is it better to just put ALL Arty on Take Control?
RebBugler

RE: Questions on Tutorials

Post by RebBugler »

ORIGINAL: balto

(1) In the Arty tutorial, the red marker for location and cover is for the Limber marker. There is no way that is correct; it would have to be the gun. Is there a mod or something that fixes this?

(2) In the first two tutorials (brigade and Arty) I can see in the unit window when they are receiving a Higher Elevation bonus, but I cannot see where this occurs on the map no matter what camera angle I use. Is there something or some mod that would clearly show me the elevations?

(3) The Arty tutorial, the AI is very strange in that it keep readjusting its position and blocking each other. Is all Arty AI this strange and is there a mod that fixes this? If not, is it better to just put ALL Arty on Take Control?

1) Don't understand question
2) Don't understand your issue, I see the map elevations, contours fine
3) Yes, TC helps. TC your battery CO, avoid TC'd guns, they can't wheel and become totally useless.

I know of no mods that address these questions.
Designer - Scourge of War

Return to “Scourge of War Gettysburg Series”