DW Universe Compatible Mod List

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

lurchi

DW Universe Compatible Mod List

Post by lurchi »

I guess we need a list similar to the Shadows one. Please post in this thread if your mod is compatible with Distant Worlds Universe. Include a link and a short description, not longer than three lines.

Compatible Mods:

Distant Worlds Extended Universe
18 new races for Distant Worlds set in the Distant Worlds universe bringing the race total to 40. Each with their own unique flavour, flags, dialog text, victory conditions, strengths, weaknesses. Each race has been balanced and brings with them their own challenges.

AI Improvement Mod
Does exactly what the name tag says, AI is better in any area that is moddable.

Lower Speed And Range Mod
All Hyperdrives are modded so they are slower and have less range. I also enhanced the differences between the drive systems so they are more unique. The goal is to slow the game down, reduce exploration and colonisation speed and generally make the galaxy feel more vast to create longer and more epic gameplay.

Star Wars: Ancient Fears
The Mod is set 15 years after "Episode VI: Return of the Jedi" and includes a Prebuilt Map, Star Wars Characters, Races, Ships, Flagshapes, Planets and Stations, and a New Soundtrack from the Star Wars movies and other epic SciFi Videogames.

Das Chrome UI Mods
UI overhaul

Galactic Star Map
Gives you several maps with new scenarios.

Alien Immersion Project
Race-specific UI for each race and race-specific soundtracks - for each race different.

Stuff & Bits UI Mod
Replaces nearly all UI with GEM mod inspired assets. New planets, planet maps, plague icons, and cursors.

[DWU] Vanilla Race Balance
This is a mod that tweaks the race balance of vanilla races and governments. It also makes a single research change that strengthens espionage slightly. All of the changes have been inspired by either the race codex entries or victory conditions. This mod is still a WIP.

Babylon 5 Mod
Babylon 5 conversion

Star Trek The Picard Era
22 playable Star Trek Races (more may be added by release): Andorian, Bajoran, Benzite, Borg, Breen, Cardassian, Chalnoth, Dominion, Federation, Ferengi, Gorn, Hirogen, Kazon, Klingon, Ktarian, Reman, Romulan, Sheliak, Son'a, Tamarian, Tholian & Yridian
4 playable pirate groupings: The Orion Syndicate, The Maquis, The Korgath Barbarians & The Khan Privateers

Beyond Extended Universe
Maximization of difference between races compared to vannila and regular race mods and rebalance through implementation of race-specific Character Systems. Adding new races and governments. Race specific user interface, and full collection of 48 sets of race-specific diplomatic music. Unique portrait art for each character planned. Immersion Names following race-specific phonetics. WIP but fully playable at curent release providing alot of new stuff. Races: 48. Goverments: 22. Races with character system implemented: 11/48, Races with unique face implemented: 1/48. Mods integrated: 8

Human Revolution
Mankind broke up in many different, yet similar, but competing factions. The Human Revolution mod adds five new races to Distant Worlds and edits one. The standard human race is edited to reflect the background story of this mod, and three more interesting races are also added.

Resource Mod
Completly revised resource system with proper galactopedia including real world trivia to explain their 'theoretic' function in the game. This might help some roleplayers. Further, as most people might have wanted, the polymer is reduced to its prestate again: OIL! You can and are allowed to include it in other mods. You have to check the compatibility yourselves though.

Visual hyperdeny effect mod
New hyperdeny effect.

No annoying ship symbols mod
Removes the ship symbols.

Warhammer 40k
Set in the Warhammer 40k universe, this mod for Distant Worlds is a total conversion, meaning that just about everything is different from the vanilla game. The player takes control of one of 25 different races that were present in one of the Warhammer universes most tumultuous eras: The Great Crusade. The aim of the mod is to introduce more intense battles on both land and in space, more tricky diplomatic situations and more fog of war while minimizing logistical and economic challenges.

Upcoming Mods:

Research Reloaded
Research trees are restructured and significantly extended. There are lots of interesting new components, new facilities, new wonders, new governments, a new ressource, a new race, new everything. Hyperdrives are generally slower and have less range making the universe vaster and gameplay more epic.

Universa
Universa Addon for Distant Worlds Extended brings 21 new races to Distant World's extended for a total of 59 Races. The mod is currently a work in progress and I will be updating this post as I have more news.

Distant Races
Race add-on for Distant Worlds Extended that brings 36 new space-faring races to the forefront of galactic affairs. WIP, Universa-compatible version forthcoming upon the latter's release.
Compatible with DW:Universe 1.9.5.5 - Currently at alpha release containing 9/36 races.
Blackstork

RE: DW Universe compatible mod list

Post by Blackstork »

Beyond Extended Universe - now at Alpha release - complete complex overhaul of character system wit hunique , race-specific characters, alot of new art and some new races. Also includes Haree78 Extended mod, and partially Das123 Chrome mod and Martian GEM mod. Currently have released 1 very unique race and showcase character system overhaul with 490 unique characters. WIP
tm.asp?m=3657646
Compatible with DW:Universe 1.9.5.6

Alien Immersion Project - race-specific UI for each race and race-specific soundtracks - for each race different.
tm.asp?m=3651979
Compatible with DW:Universe 1.9.5.6
Alien Immersion (WIP) : tm.asp?m=3651979
Beyond Extended Universe (WIP): tm.asp?m=3657646
lurchi

Post by lurchi »

Come on, people, post your mods. I sure don't have the time to look them all up myself. [:'(]
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

You can list Alien Immersion in compatible, because certain races are fully released, i mean that , while being WIP, its fully working and complete for 18 races already. :)
Icemania

Post by Icemania »

Sticky this please Matrix. And link to this on Steam as well.
Inawordyes

Post by Inawordyes »

Distant Races - current version: 0.X Beta - Race add-on for Distant Worlds Extended that brings 36 new space-faring races to the forefront of galactic affairs. WIP, Universa-compatible version forthcoming upon the latter's release.
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3629325
Compatible with DW:Universe 1.9.5.5 - Currently at alpha release containing 9/36 races.
Distant Races

The self-titled Crown Prince of Crazy Plans.
KEBW1144

Post by KEBW1144 »

Stuff & Bits UI Mod - Replaces nearly all UI with GEM mod inspired assets. New planets, planet maps, plague icons, and cursors.

Link

Cheers!
lurchi

Post by lurchi »

Added another mod.
ehsumrell1

Post by ehsumrell1 »

***Distant Worlds:Universe ~ STAR TREK THE PICARD ERA v1.0 ***

Planned release sometime the week of August 10th. Will be available on MediaFire.

Forum Mod thread is here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3668367

22 Playable Star Trek Races & 4 pirate groupings; The Shakturi and Mechanoids are not playable but are available for non-canon play.
Compatible with all Distant Worlds Universe gameplay styles (Excluding 'The Ancient Galaxy')

PLAYABLE STAR TREK RACES [More may be added by release]
ANDORIAN, BAJORAN, BENZITE, BORG, BREEN, CARDASSIAN, CHALNOTH, DOMINION, FEDERATION
FERENGI, GORN, HIROGEN, KAZON, KLINGON, KTARIAN, REMAN, ROMULAN, SHELIAK, SON'A
TAMARIAN, THOLIAN & YRIDIAN

PLAYABLE PIRATE GROUPINGS
THE ORION SYNDICATE, THE MAQUIS, THE KORGATH BARBARIANS & THE KHAN PRIVATEERS

"RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!"
Attachments
BorgQueen1.gif
BorgQueen1.gif (14.44 KiB) Viewed 931 times
Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...
lurchi

Post by lurchi »

Added another mod.
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

Please update Beyond, its much advanced from that point.
In closest upcoming release (this weekend - its better to update ahead so less editing needed :) )) it will have checked and balanced 48 races total with unique gameplay for each, unique, specially made ship art for some, complete overhaul of diplomatic system, complex character system featuring race-specific characters, specialization, personnel game and rebalance as result, around 11 character systems released (approx 4000 race-specific characters), Leadership Portfolio chart system, diplomatic tracks for 48 races, and alot of mods included.
The final plan include complete visual overhaul, maxmum customisation, enchanced difference between races, more than 20000 unique stat&face characters belonging to digferent races and different social groups within 28 existing races.
It already fully integrated Extended Universe mod and AI mod by Icemania, Alien Immersion Mod and number of cosmetic, art-focused mods.
ehsumrell1

Post by ehsumrell1 »

Attachments
STPE.gif
STPE.gif (22.37 KiB) Viewed 930 times
Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

Hey lurchi i going to do ALPHA.5 release soon (1-2 days) and its quite big
Fistly please move then Beyond mod to playable mod list since it already big mod pack and contain qty of new, it's own implemented things equal to size of few small mods together, and that without 8 mods that already included into it. Its much extended game already and fully working. Also full aim implementation might take alot of time, because it requires huge time of work to implement all the indended things, meanwhile as i said, its already stand alone working mod.
Also here i providing text this is for upcoming new release and you can already update it i guess.

Maximization of difference between races compared to vannila and regular race mods and rebalance through implementation of race-specific Character Systems (400-500 characters per race ) featuring race specializations, race-specific social structures, special groups/houses/castes within each race which influence empire's layout and race gameplay. Adding more flavour, immersion, lore, depth, and unique approach into each race play. . Adding new races and governments. Race specific user interface, and full collection of 48 sets of race-specific diplomatic music. Unique portrait art for each character planned. Immersion Names following race-specific phonetics. Big modpack with alot of good mods combined. WIP but fully playable at curent release providing alot of new stuff. Races: 48. Goverments: 22. Races with character system implemented: 11/48, Races with unique face implemented: 1/48. Mods integrated: 8

thanks.
lurchi

Post by lurchi »

Done. I trimmed the description a bit, though. Damn, that was a huge wall of text. [:D]
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

:P ty mate
lurchi

Post by lurchi »

Added another mod.
Nedrear

Post by Nedrear »

It is just a minor mod and one of two I actually "finished" for Distant Worlds. Most of my time I mod EU III these days.

Resource Mod v.1.2

Completly revised resource system with proper galactopedia including real world trivia to explain their 'theoretic' function in the game. This might help some roleplayers. Further, as most people might have wanted, the polymer is reduced to its prestate again: OIL!

You can and are allowed to include it in other mods. You have to check the compatibility yourselves though.

Universe Resource Mod

Teaser Picture
One Thread To Guide Them All

"Nothing incorporeal wields such power as a word. Though it is the weapon of the smart and cunning it alas needs the same to prevail."
lurchi

Post by lurchi »

Added. Damn, that was quite some time since you've been around last.
Joshwoo69

Post by Joshwoo69 »

Resource mod link seems to be blocked. Hm....[&:]
Wile false do
Turtle.print ( KSP )
End
Nedrear

Post by Nedrear »

I can open my link without a problem. It leads directly to the data folder of my homepage and starts a download. Maybe your browser blocks these kind of things...

I uploaded another version at an official upload site for those with hindering browser settings. Though I wonder why your problem happens at all.

Resource Mod Download Mirror
One Thread To Guide Them All

"Nothing incorporeal wields such power as a word. Though it is the weapon of the smart and cunning it alas needs the same to prevail."

Return to “Design and Modding”