Ship speed

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Chris21wen

Ship speed

Post by Chris21wen »

Don't know why this happened in the ship tutorial/

At the start I gave a ship a course and set it's speed to cruise. It turned on the course but proceeded at only 2kts. It's set to manual as manual is ticked. waited and waited increased game time but no change. It wasn't until I increased speed to full that it's speed increase. Why would it not move at cruise?
RoryAndersonCDT

RE: Ship speed

Post by RoryAndersonCDT »

Which ship? The Burke's cruise speed should be 15-20 kts I think. Might be easier to see what is the problem if you upload a save.
Command Dev Team
Technical Lead
Chris21wen

RE: Ship speed

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: Baloogan

Which ship? The Burke's cruise speed should be 15-20 kts I think. Might be easier to see what is the problem if you upload a save.

There's only one US ship in the tutorial the Stockdale. Unfortunately I do not have a save and I cannot recreate the problem. However the ships actual cruise speed is irrelevant, the ship would not exceed 2kts until I change the setting from cruise to full. I had created a mission and allocated the unit to it only to realise, and in this instance immediately, that the tutorial did not want me to do that so I removed the ship and deleted the mission. It was then that the ship speed would not go to cruise.

Something similar happen in the first tutorial where I removed an a/c from a mission but this time it was course. It continued to on until it had complete it's initial mission heading had been reached.

Seems there might be a bug in the mission cancelling routines.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”