Patches

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
jkile

Patches

Post by jkile »

I have had continuous problems getting CWII patched!!! This is what I have done the last 2 days; uninstall everything; reinstall starting with original 1.00; then beta 1.01; then 1.02 patch. But when I try patch 1.03, it seems it's work, but when I launch game and look on credits page, it still says 1.02!!! I have read & search on Matrix forums and Ageod also, and tried&tried, but can't find solution.
One suggestion was to check patch folder in game file and I did. BUT what is in there is the 1.03 application launcher(that looks like a monitor with a tiny disc on it) not any data files or other files. If I then click on that, it just starts to launch and says within 5-10secs games is already updated. I have taken that launcher to desktop and same thing happens. I have downloaded files from Matrix members site.I have tried unzipping directy to game, but I don't know whats up. I have two files on C:drive, one labeled "Games\CivilWarII, where most data is & that's where patch file is. The second file is labeled "My Games\CivilWarII\CW2 with Logs,Saves, Scripps files. I have noticed that when I launch the 1.03 patch the first time, it does not ask for file sequence location. IT does not ask for where to patch; like "Games\CicilWarII\etc

I have MS Vista home premium; with 8gb ram, about 300GB hard drive left & 2.2+ processor. I am at a lost now.

Hope you can help,

JMKile
Marshall Ney
VPaulus

RE: Patches

Post by VPaulus »

Try the following:

1. Uninstall the game. Locate the folder where the game was previously installed and delete all files and folders that might still be there after uninstalling the game. Delete also Documents\My Games\Civil War II folder.

2. Install the game.

3. Download the last patch (Public Beta Patch 1.04 RC6) from the forum thread below:
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.p ... h-1-04-RC6
Run the downloaded file to update the game.

Please note that all patches are comprehensive unless stated otherwise. So you don't need to install the previous ones.
jkile

RE: Patches

Post by jkile »

Thank you very much, worked like it should. Now I have to learn how to play game again!!!

Thanks again, especially for how quickly,

JMKile
Marshall Ney

Return to “Tech Support”