new purchase

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Panther Paul, Arjuna

budd

new purchase

Post by budd »

So i'm downloading Battles for Greece now... so i install it and then i still have to download and install the data pack? or is the download up to date?
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
budd

RE: new purchase

Post by budd »

I went ahead and tried to download the data pack for greece and a authtication required box popped up, so i am unable to download it.I was signed in to the members area before attempting to download.
Any other links or some other way to download.

no worries..i refreshed the page and am downloading the data pack now....do i need it?

budd

Post by budd »

I installed the data pack and opened a scenario and seems to work fine.

Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

I think - as you've already found out - that you do need it, as Matrix seem to be selling an add-on (BFG and HTTR)that doesn't work 'out of the box' with the latest official version of the game.

Be helpful if they could post an official set of instructions for people buying it (or include them in a read-me), so as they could fix it without having to come in here and post or trawl. Or, alternatively (and better)update the add-on itself with the conversion pack. Just my thoughts on the matter, perhaps...
Hadadad

Post by Hadadad »

I bought all three a couple nights ago, and the expansion installers automatically required the update and launched it before continuing the installation of the expansion. Odd that budd had a different experience.
budd

Post by budd »

My BFTB was already up to date, as was my HTTR expansion which i already installed the data pack for. I just installed the greece expansion and the data pack for it.

Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

I think Budd's prob wasn't with the update to 279, Hadadad, but with getting the BFG and HTTR expansions to work without having to separately download the conversion packages for them from the member's area. Did you get them to work without doing that, then?
Hadadad

Post by Hadadad »

yeah I figured that out after the fact when I found the "order of installation" thread. I'm a noob here, so still discovering things, such as the data packs.

Return to “Command Ops Series”