General Questions on SoW

Scourge of War is the definitive American Civil War grand tactical wargame of this generation. With impressive 3D graphics, an award-winning AI, pausable real-time play, historical battlefield terrain and orders of battle down to the regiment and battery level, Scourge of War captures the tactical challenges that faced the real Union and Confederate commanders more than 130 years ago.

This forum covers the main game Gettysburg and its two expansions Antietam, Pipe Creek, and Chancellorsville!

Moderator: MOD_ScourgeofWar

balto

General Questions on SoW

Post by balto »

I am finally considering buying the SOW 150th collection.

I see in many of the older threads problems with; (1) the courier system, and (2) how to move your units to go to differing areas of the map.

Do these weaknesses still exist or have they have been fixed/improved in the 150th Collection?

Thank you in advance.

RebBugler

RE: General Questions on SoW

Post by RebBugler »

There have been many improvements with the various patches, especially with the courier system...many folks play with courier orders only.

With the command TC (Take Control), your troops will go anywhere on the map you wish.
Designer - Scourge of War
balto

Post by balto »

RebBugler,

That is a great response. If you have another moment, are these new changes/improvements clarified in the 150th manual?
RebBugler

Post by RebBugler »

To be clear, all the SOW releases are up to date with the patches. To see the various change logs they are available at the SOW forum. To the best of my knowledge these changes are not listed in the 150th Ann. manual.
balto

Post by balto »

I could not find the Change logs for SOW.

Is the pdf manual updated?
RebBugler

Post by RebBugler »

The manual was edited to introduce the 150th edition, otherwise there were no changes or updates that I'm aware of.

Apologies for the change logs, they are spread over the years as the patches were released. They are there, you just have to dig for them.

Return to “Scourge of War Gettysburg Series”