Invalid Serial Number

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Samuli

Invalid Serial Number

Post by Samuli »

I just recently bought WitP: AE and installed it with no issues. However I'm getting an 'invalid serial number' error when trying to install the February 8 update. I'm using the exact same serial number that I got in email and used to successfully install the base game. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
mikkey

RE: Invalid Serial Number

Post by mikkey »

Hi Samuli, check blank spaces before and after serial number. If this does not help, so you can try submit ticket in Support Center.
patrickl

Post by patrickl »

Did you include the hyphen?
Banner designed by rogueusmc
Samuli

Post by Samuli »

I've exhausted every possible error on my side as far as I know. Blank spaces, with/without dashes, everything. Thanks for telling me about the support center though.
Samuli

Post by Samuli »

For those that are wondering about a resolution to this issue; it turns out that I apparently either received or mistakenly purchased the wrong version of the game (original) despite being nearly completely positive I was on the right page. Thus the AE update wouldn't work regardless of serial number. So let that serve as a warning at the very least.
moore4807

Post by moore4807 »

OUCH! That would be an expensive mistake.

Hopefully Matrix did right by you and let you switch the games.

Looking forward to seeing you posting on the boards - a lot of good help here to be found, [&o] and a little evil too

Return to “Tech Support”