Ryujo in Dec 41

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

IdahoNYer

Ryujo in Dec 41

Post by IdahoNYer »

Well, finally convinced myself to try a game as the Japanese...against the AI....

Just underway, DBB-C Dec 8 scenario to learn "the darkside".

Anyway, its now 14 Dec (playing 2 day turns),and I've brought the Ryujo up to Takao to change out the Claudes
for Zeros and link up with Zuiho/Hosho coming down from Japan to form the "mini KB". Plan is to use Mini-KB to support
landings in the Kuching area and then Mersing.

My problem I just discovered is that I can't re-load the Ryujo with torpedoes for the Kates at Takao....and my quick
glance south shows no ports which would do so.

So how do you all reload torps for the Jpn CVs operating against Malaya/DEI early in the war?
Gaspote

RE: Ryujo in Dec 41

Post by Gaspote »

You can by having 240 naval support in a port level 5. The easiest way is to send 2nd and 3rd fleet hq in Cam ranh bay.
IdahoNYer

Post by IdahoNYer »

Awesome - Thanks Gaspote

Learn something new seemingly every day with this game!
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

ORIGINAL: Gaspote

You can by having 240 naval support in a port level 5. The easiest way is to send 2nd and 3rd fleet hq in Cam ranh bay.

Or, you could just sail to Cam Rahn Bay and load there. If you want to know more about ordnance load costs (rearm costs) check out 20.1.2.2 of the manual, starting on p 284. You'll find torp costs beginning on p287.
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
Jorge_Stanbury

Post by Jorge_Stanbury »

Cam Rahn and Hong Kong (as soon as it is liberated from western domination which should occur around xmas time)
are your two main forward bases on the area until Singapore is yours
cohimbra

Post by cohimbra »

You can also send the AKE that are in (Hiroshima/Kure?) to Takao/Pescadores.
Jorge_Stanbury

Post by Jorge_Stanbury »

I personally prefer to use tenders on less developed ports close to the front (early on this is Jolo or Babeldaob). A level 5 port like Cam Rahn is better served with naval support
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

ORIGINAL: Jorge_Stanbury

I personally prefer to use tenders on less developed ports close to the front (early on this is Jolo or Babeldaob). A level 5 port like Cam Rahn is better served with naval support

+1
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
Dili

Post by Dili »

Just underway, DBB-C Dec 8 scenario to learn "the darkside".

Can you play this as Japanese agaisnt AI?
IdahoNYer

Post by IdahoNYer »

Can you play this as Japanese agaisnt AI?

I'll let you know....[:)]

For what I want to do - learn the complexities of the Japanese side though mid '42, I should be OK. I played the DBB-C from the Allied
side against the AI and am having a reasonably good game through Oct 42. AI did the usual stupid probing of PH with
some surface forces, but did a good job in expanding in early '42.

I tend to play a fairly historical game (from either side) and try not to "break" the AI.

My goal in these two games is to re-learn WiTP AE after a prolonged absence and eventually re-learn enough for PBEM!
Dili

Post by Dili »

Okay will follow closely.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”