Distant Worlds Extended Universe 1.0.3 released 40 races

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Skyjack

RE: Distant Worlds Extended

Post by Skyjack »

ORIGINAL: Fishers of Men

Skyjack, I believe there is a completely different and unique shipset image for each race. Some are original and the rest are new. Is this what you are asking?

Yes. Thank you!
Skyjack

Post by Skyjack »

Hmmm, can't get it to work. It's there, I selected it and after loading it says at the top of the start screen I've got it running, but it doesn't run the mod. Just vanilla races and no new UI when the game loads.

I'm using the combo mod in the OP - DWE with Chrome blue.

What am I missing here?
Skyjack

Post by Skyjack »

Okay sorry...it was the first folder i had to get rid of...the one the zipfile dumps into. All seems working now. I can't wait to dig in!
Skyjack

Post by Skyjack »

Hey guys quick question:

Started a game as Xhumans. I redesigned my constructors and changed the picture of the ships. After refitting, the constructors use their default picture, not the one I changed it to.

Now I'm so new to DW that this could be WAD as far as I know....is it?

Thanks.
Fishers of Men

Post by Fishers of Men »

After your redesign and image change, did you build any new construction ships? Maybe the newly built ones will look different. Refitted ships might remain the same.
Old............but very fast
Skyjack

Post by Skyjack »

Hmmm thanks I will check. That could be it.
kestrelkb

RE: Distant Worlds Extended Universe 1.0.3 released 40 races

Post by kestrelkb »

Anyone else having a problem downloading the mod or is it just me?
Skyjack

Post by Skyjack »

So this is an amazing mod. I doubt I could ever go back to vanilla.

Has anyone seen the following? (Not sure if they are even mod related, I'm still a DW noob):

1) As X Humans, I can build all the "stock" ship designs. However when I design a Frigate, the altered Frigate will never show in any build selection. At first I thought it was lack of materials. Nope. Even if a take a stock Frigate, which is build-able, and take a single component OFF, it won't build the ship. It will ONLY build a stock Frigate.
So I try the same with a Destroyer and guess what? It builds any design I make! So the game or mod at this point simply will not build any redisegned Frigates for me.
Weird.

2) after redesigning my constructors and changing the ship pictures, the game refuses to use the new image. It will only use the given image, even if it shows a different image (the one I chose) in the design window

3) I cannot build space ports on new colonies with constructors but the colonies can do it. This is normal, yeah?

Thanks for any insights.
silentdeth

Post by silentdeth »

Would it be possible to add in a scavenger race? A race that get a bonus to tech acquired from dismantling ships, requires a lower reputation to trade techs, but has a research penalty. Maybe a bonus to maintenance too as their ships would tend to be slightly outdated, thus they would need more.
My Let's Plays of Distant Worlds: Universe Season 2: Human|Season 3: Kiadian|Season 4: Pirate(Balanced)
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

ORIGINAL: silentdeth

Would it be possible to add in a scavenger race? A race that get a bonus to tech acquired from dismantling ships, requires a lower reputation to trade techs, but has a research penalty. Maybe a bonus to maintenance too as their ships would tend to be slightly outdated, thus they would need more.
1stly, i dont think Hareee will add more races , at least i got such impression during conversations with him,
2ndly there no such mechanics in the game / no modding feature to add what you suggest. the features you can mod are more less restricted to content of race.txt file of given race. There is another complex way to customise races, but for that you need to do big work for all of them, and that is creation of race-specific characters with race-specific sets of bonuses, and that is what already started in my project.
3rdly if you have race ideas you could do your mod or join to one ongoing projects and co-mod in them, then you will need much more design/details and some unique gameplay/mechanic to justify existence of a race. You are wellcome to suggest things i project i working on tho, there few race spots left, but i am aiming to add very polished and unique game-play wise races.
Alien Immersion (WIP) : tm.asp?m=3651979
Beyond Extended Universe (WIP): tm.asp?m=3657646
Skyjack

Post by Skyjack »

Hi. Is this okay to use with the new patch?
Genome

Post by Genome »

Yes
Skyjack

Post by Skyjack »

Thank you.
corwin90

RE: Distant Worlds Extended 2.0.2 released 38 races

Post by corwin90 »

New player here. Just stopped by to say the pictures of the races look AWESOME. Thank you for creating this mod.
Hermundure

Post by Hermundure »

I am very new to this game but:
Thank you for this great mod!

BTW, is it still beeing developed?
AstroCat

Post by AstroCat »

Is this going to be updated to account for the new research options in the last patch?

research.txt and components.txt were changed.
I7-6700K@4.5GHz/Asus MAXIMUS VIII FORMULA/EVGA GTX 1080SC/Corsair LPX 16GB/Corsair 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/SOUND BLASTER ZX/Samsung 850 Pro x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/Oculus CV
Tanaka

Post by Tanaka »

ORIGINAL: AstroCat

Is this going to be updated to account for the new research options in the last patch?

research.txt and components.txt were changed.

Yeah with todays patch another update is definitely needed!
Malakie

RE: Distant Worlds Extended 2.0.1 released 38 races

Post by Malakie »

Do you have another download link? I am unable to download using IE or Chrome off of Mediafire...
Take it light...

Malakie
el3ment

RE: Distant Worlds Extended 2.0.1 released 38 races

Post by el3ment »

Being new to this forum, hello there!

1st of all - thanks for this mod Haree78, you did excellent job to give this game even more depth and replayability. I did use it for quite some time (since I purchased DW:U). To be honest, the main reason that draw me to this mod (at the beginning ;-) ) were Beksinski's paintings :-) Fell in love with rest of the content as well. Truly, great job.

Now, I reinstalled DW some time ago. Patched it, moded sligtly (GEM with planets/overlay fixes, some sound effects, that's all), downloaded and unpacked Extended. Started playing as xhumans, all fine and dandy... Well, the problem occured when i finished building of the Large Space Port. What's the issue? Well, station's there, it's clickable, but... Invisible. There's no art for it! Thought it's a marginal thing, but after some time it started bothering me. So I checked other buildings, and sadly, only small version of Space Port was visible. Went to check /images/units/ships/family32 . All units are there, with correct names and so on. After giving it some thought I noticed, that the "invisible" units are the ones with 96dpi resolution. Didn't have time to check other races, but my guess is that situation's the same. I didn't notice this issue when playing vanilla, and in vanilla "family" folders are lots of units with 96 and even 200 dpi resolution. Anyone has any idea, how to fix this issue? (I know I can change resolution in /for example/ IrfanView, but finding every non 72dpi image would be time consuming. Plus it wouldn't be perfect, because compression will screw the quality and with the least compression, files would be much bigger than original ones...)
Knickers

Post by Knickers »

One of them looks like a race of transformers haha, this is such a great set up mods. Thank you.

Return to “Design and Modding”