No news is pretty much no news (2.04 Update)

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin, IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian

CapnDarwin

No news is pretty much no news (2.04 Update)

Post by CapnDarwin »

For those of you waiting hopefully for a release to fall from the heavens today, can go back to bed or work or on cruises. We did not get an installer to proof yesterday, so we are looking, hopefully, at some point next week. We'll continue to keep you posted. [:(]
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
budd

RE: No news is pretty much no news (2.04 Update)

Post by budd »

^%#%^^$##$%$^$^$......need i say more[;)]...thx for the update.I'm sure you guys are ready to move forward, hope nothing major pops up after the patch.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

We are aware of 2 known issues. One is in the What's New doc and it deals with an issue where mines and obstacles don't clear and units leave them earlier then they should. The other is something seen just last night were some secondary HQs are chasing after their own objectives. These things happen when you make over 200 changes, fixes, and additions to the game. We will be working on a hot fix for these starting Monday as both Rob and I are out with family events this weekend.

As we know more so will you guys.

zakblood

Post by zakblood »

every one will wait and none i'm sure will mind one bit, no one updates like you guys do :) so ty anyway
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Werewolf13

Post by Werewolf13 »

ORIGINAL: zakblood

every one will wait and none i'm sure will mind one bit, no one updates like you guys do :) so ty anyway

Quite brazen to speak for an entire community don't you think?

And just because you did I'd argue that the Distant Worlds creator absolutely busts bugs and adds features just as well as the FPC:RS guys do and if you asked the hard core DW guys they'd probably say he does it better and quicker.

As for waiting: what other choice do we have. We can wait patiently - which I will because it is in my nature - or not which accomplishes nothing positive causes only the impatient angst.

My point is: Speak for your self and if you want to kiss the dev's arse at least do it in private.
Freedom is not free! Nor should it be. For men being men will neither fight for nor value that which is free.

Michael Andress
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Look; 1). Everyone is entitled to opinions and general statements.
2). Periodically, given the long hours spent making the game better, Dev don't mind hearing a few arse kissing comments or verbal pats on the back to pop a little cheer into what is usually a sea of negative comments and bug reports. Thankfully we have a great group of regulars here who help.
3). Most Devs (with some exceptions for sure) work hard to support their product. I do think we do a very good job of working the issues, answering the questions, and feeding status the best we can do within our control.

So, let's let everyone comment as they see fit. If there is any off color or attacking posts folks will get bounced. Let's get back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Thanks. [8D]

budd

Post by budd »

ORIGINAL: Werewolf1326

ORIGINAL: zakblood

Quite brazen to speak for an entire community don't you think?

And just because you did I'd argue that the Distant Worlds creator absolutely busts bugs and adds features just as well as the FPC:RS guys do and if you asked the hard core DW guys they'd probably say he does it better and quicker.

As for waiting: what other choice do we have. We can wait patiently - which I will because it is in my nature - or not which accomplishes nothing positive causes only the impatient angst.

My point is: Speak for your self and if you want to kiss the dev's arse at least do it in private.

I guess there's a finer line between expressing some appreciation and kissing the dev's arse than i thought......point taken.

Panta_slith

Post by Panta_slith »

There is another way to see it, if you allow me: while waiting for the much expected patch, I started a campaign with another great Matrix game I always enjoyed very much, War in the Pacific AE, after more than a year or two after the last time I had played it and am enjoying it a lot, as before. That has, as a side effect that I have lost interest in FPGRS a bit (also have been playing Steel Beasts Pro PE again), so the risk of a patch taking too long is somehow also on the side of the developers, the reduction of the initial elan and the loss of interest from the players, which is bad.

PS: (I meant "from the players" and not "for" the players, so I edited it, sorry)[;)]
Panta Astiazarán
budd

Post by budd »

I agree with you and I've certainly moved on to play other games while waiting for a patch, in fact i always do that and that's what makes me wonder about other people's patience sometimes........... but you know what... I always circle back for a quality game. It's defiantly a fine line for dev's and i tend to give more leeway to up front dev's who communicate what's going on. I'm sure things have taken longer than they would have liked.

CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Budd, amen to the longer than we wanted too. Lesson learned is its better to have a few small updates then one big one. Once you reach the tipping point of a major update you get stuck in a mindset to fix everything. Even with a boatload or two of fixes and enhancements there is still a small list of items stacking up for a 2.05 update/hotfix. We'll be smart enough to fix and cut it loose once the target items are dealt. We definitely appreciate the patience from you guys. We do our best with the time we have.

We'll be tweaking Matrix daily on the status of the installer this week and do everything we can to get it our as soon as possible. [8D]

budd

Post by budd »

No worries Capn...... he does have a point about momentum....hard to build up, easy to lose. You know what helps that....... Some extra content from MR[:D] ....Good luck with the patch.

FroBodine

Post by FroBodine »

Oh, how I would love to go on a cruise, though. However, since it's not in the budget right now, I am stuck waiting for 2.04. [;)]
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

We will be verifying another installer attempt this evening. We had a few file issues to correct from yesterday's build. Hang in there, we are in the home stretch. [8D]

Lowlaner2012

Post by Lowlaner2012 »

How did the installer test go? thanks :)
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

We are looking at another one today. I've looked it over and it appears okay minus a small issue in the info shown while installing. Rob will be the one to give it the final okay since he has the master file list to compare to. If he is happy we will push to get it out ASAP. As soon as we know more, so will you guys.

loki100

Post by loki100 »

ORIGINAL: Capn Darwin

Look; 1). Everyone is entitled to opinions and general statements.
2). Periodically, given the long hours spent making the game better, Dev don't mind hearing a few arse kissing comments or verbal pats on the back to pop a little cheer into what is usually a sea of negative comments and bug reports. Thankfully we have a great group of regulars here who help.
3). Most Devs (with some exceptions for sure) work hard to support their product. I do think we do a very good job of working the issues, answering the questions, and feeding status the best we can do within our control.

So, let's let everyone comment as they see fit. If there is any off color or attacking posts folks will get bounced. Let's get back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Thanks. [8D]

Just to pick up on this.

For me, you released a compelling critical bug free game on day #1. In a lot of playing, I've had one crash - and that may have been my own laptop rather than the game (it does tend to overheat). The patches have steadily eliminated the minor annoyances and no doubt 2.1 will bring a lot more to the game engine

I've seriously enjoyed/enjoy this game, its rekindled my interests in both the grand tactical scale (ie I don't have to worry about individuals or actual vehicle facing which tends to bore me) and the WP/NATO games that I grew up playing.

so thanks

Roger
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Thanks Roger. We have been working hard to improve the game and it's content with every update and 2.04 will be a big jump in the overall play of the game.

Lowlaner2012

Post by Lowlaner2012 »

Thanks for the update, I appreciate the fast answer :)

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”