Manually migrant ?

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

webgame0003

Manually migrant ?

Post by webgame0003 »

I, played as human, took enemy capital by troops, then set alien race pop' to exterminate,
then several years passed, that planet have no human pop'
planet is continental, and I've researched all the conlonization tech, built a space port with med/rec, still no human pop'.
then I built a troop transport with passenger module, loaded up at homeworld, and transported manually, nop, no human pop'.
Finally I spinned up the editor, change planet quality to 99%, waited a few years, still no human pop'.
Sadly even the editor cannot add human pop'.

So, is there any way to migrant population manually???
ParagonExile

RE: Manually migrant ?

Post by ParagonExile »

Heh.

You cannot manually move population.

Also, setting your policy to "exterminate" will stop people from migrating to a planet where it is applied.
Kilravock

Post by Kilravock »

There is no way to manually move your own race's population. You can encourage it by making the colony's current population happy, ie med/rec centers, low taxes, assimilate policy. I think your biggest problem may be that you are killing off the current population and that the planet may have too large of a population. Migrants like small colonies that are happy. Try changing the policy to resettle. This doesn't anger the population while still making the alien population smaller. Have your passenger liner have a lot of passenger compartments too.
webgame0003

Post by webgame0003 »

rminate" will stop people from migrating to a planet where it is applied.

Setting 'Exterminate' means to reduce pop' on the planet, does it also prevent moving pop' from other planets to this one?
I thought I read it in some thread that it does not prevent moving pop' to this planet, in this way the planet could function as some kind of labor camp.

I set Assimilate to the same family, in this case, humanoid, then set exterminate to other families, then dump a few infantries to prevent rebelling.
It seems everything look good, except no passenger ship bothers to visit the planet. [:D]

Damn, talking about this stuff, this topic is evil[X(]
webgame0003

Post by webgame0003 »

med/rec center
low tax
assimilate policy
planet quality
planet pop' density

Is scenery bonus a factor?

I guess it make sense to woo pop' to migrant if using govn. like Democracy,
but it seems odd for Dictatorship, or Way of Darkness.

Gregorovitch55

Post by Gregorovitch55 »

Early in my DW career I tried playing the Dhayut as intended, i.e. conquer, enslave on penal colony, resettle to penal colony. I was very disappointed with the results and raised the issue on this board. Was advised that enslavement/extermination route was far less effective in growing colony populations and maximising development and revenue than assimilation. Basically moving conquered pops to penal colonies is too slow and replacing them with your own pop is also too slow and because enslavement/resettlement makes conquered pops very unhappy (duh!) it screws with the population growth rates etc on your colonies. For enslavement/resettlement/extermination to work the game would have to shift pops around much faster than it does. If you assimilate everyone is happy soon enough and both your pop and conquered race pops grow well so you make a lot more money.
Sirian

Post by Sirian »

"Scenery bonus" is only important if you want to build a resort base at the location.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”