How Can You Tell Which Version You're Playing

Commander - The Great War is the latest release in the popular and playable Commander series of historical strategy games. Gamers will enjoy a huge hex based campaign map that stretches from the USA in the west, Africa and Arabia to the south, Scandinavia to the north and the Urals to the east on a new engine that is more efficient and fully supports widescreen resolutions.
Commander – The Great War features a Grand Campaign covering the whole of World War I from the invasion of Belgium on August 5, 1914 to the Armistice on the 11th of November 1918 in addition to 16 different unit types including Infantry, Cavalry, Armoured Cars and Tanks, Artillery, Railroad Guns and Armoured Trains and more!

Moderators: Lord Zimoa, MOD_Commander_The_Great_War

Kriegsspieler

How Can You Tell Which Version You're Playing

Post by Kriegsspieler »

Hi, All

I took advantage of the introduction of Commander on Steam to buy it and have had a lot of fun getting used to it. This morning, however, I was surprised to see that when I logged into Steam the game had an update ready to install. The first thing I did was to check here & discovered that no update has been announced, so what gives? Perhaps the assimilation of the game to Steam's environment has created a bit of funky behavior with patches, so in fact I was playing an earlier version of the game? How do you tell which version of the game is running? Unlike other games this one does not list the version on the main title page. It might be a good idea to include that.
sanderz

RE: How Can You Tell Which Version You're Playing

Post by sanderz »

hi

i also bought the steam version and had an update this morning that i was wondering about

the version number is shown on the credits tab - mine says 1.5.1
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

You have the latest patch 1.5.1 [;)]

Attachments
Patch1.5.1.jpg
Patch1.5.1.jpg (314.91 KiB) Viewed 81 times
Make it so!
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

The exact same thing happened to me. I bought the game Friday and played all weekend. Yesterday after work I saw steam was DL'ing a 100Mb patch. I then checked the version and saw I'm now at 1.5.1. No idea what I was at before then as i didn't check.
Kriegsspieler

Post by Kriegsspieler »

Thanks, folks.
I hadn't thought to look on the credits tab for the current version, so that's useful to know.
Fun game, eh? [8D]

Return to “Commander - The Great War”