Question about political points(PPs)

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

derhexer

Question about political points(PPs)

Post by derhexer »

I started playing Ellsworth's 5/1/42 campaign game as the Allied player. When I started the game I had about 100 PPs and as I played
the number grew to about 300.

About 12 days into the game I lost the Lexington & Yorktown trying to stop the invasion of Port Moresby & Noumea. After that
my PPs dropped to zero and I haven't received any more.

Is this normal? What can I do to start getting PPs again? I have some units and commanders that need to be reassigned.

Thanks
Chris
(Did you ever stop to think and forget to start?)
Bullwinkle58

RE: Question about political points(PPs)

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

The most common reason something like this happens isn't related to losing a ship or anything similar, but from failing to withdraw a ship or air unit on its withdrawal date. You receive a PP penalty every day you keep the unit(s). The amount varies according to the unit.

Check your operations report either in the game or in the Save folder. You get a text line for any penalties you accrue.

If it's not that you may have a bug or some sort of corruption, but I'd bet it's the withdrawal mechanism.
The Moose
derhexer

Post by derhexer »

Ayep, you were right Bullwinkle. I had turned on withdrawls and was getting dinged. I turned withdrawls off - a pain in the fundament. Thanks, Bullwinkle.
Chris
(Did you ever stop to think and forget to start?)
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

Very welcome.
The Moose

Return to “The War Room”