INVALID PARAMETER

Post bug reports and ask for support here.
Bel8910

INVALID PARAMETER

Post by Bel8910 »

I modded Gateway to Caen and now at the end of each battle (whether it is a single battle or an operation) I receive the below screen shot on the post game window. The games are still saved, so if I am playing an op, I can go back into saved games and continue where I left off.

Any ideas? Is this a graphical error, a dll error? Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments
UO0003.jpg
UO0003.jpg (8.54 KiB) Viewed 130 times
SteveMcClaire

RE: INVALID PARAMETER

Post by SteveMcClaire »

I believe that is a DirectX error. Probably the game is trying to show the wrong graphic because of an invalid index in one of the data files. Immediately post-battle you're going to the Debrief screen -- do you get to the Debrief screen or does it happen before then? If before, I suspect it may be a change you made related to your teams data files, or something associated with the teams (soldier, weapon units, etc) that changed a graphics index.

Steve
Bel8910

Post by Bel8910 »

Steve,
It shows up at the same time the Debrief Screen shows up. Can not do anything on debrief screen...locks up, and I have to hit okay and then I am exited from the game.
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

I would suggest going back through the changes you made to the game and seeing which are related to the debrief screen, or to the information it shows -- which is tricky, since Debrief shows a lot: Map(s), units, etc. It does look like something related to a graphic, or an index into the game graphics, being off. But other than that there's no easy way to narrow it down.

Steve
Bel8910

Post by Bel8910 »

Thanks, Steve...will look there!
Bel8910

Post by Bel8910 »

Steve,
I figured it out. It was the Music.sfx file. I was only using 3 of 4 sound files. Replaced with 7 files and the game does not crash anymore!
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Yes, you can't remove entries from the graphics or sound files or there will be a problem. If you want to blank out a sound, you can put very small 'silent' sounds in as placeholders.

Steve

Return to “Tech Support”