This game is amazing on the iPad.

Commander - The Great War is the latest release in the popular and playable Commander series of historical strategy games. Gamers will enjoy a huge hex based campaign map that stretches from the USA in the west, Africa and Arabia to the south, Scandinavia to the north and the Urals to the east on a new engine that is more efficient and fully supports widescreen resolutions.
Commander – The Great War features a Grand Campaign covering the whole of World War I from the invasion of Belgium on August 5, 1914 to the Armistice on the 11th of November 1918 in addition to 16 different unit types including Infantry, Cavalry, Armoured Cars and Tanks, Artillery, Railroad Guns and Armoured Trains and more!

Moderators: Lord Zimoa, MOD_Commander_The_Great_War

rodney727

This game is amazing on the iPad.

Post by rodney727 »

Hello all. I am playing on the easiest level and still getting my butt kicked by the Serbs I have restarted many times and was wondering how to defeat this tiny country. Any ideas? This is the hardest game ever made for the iPad! Thanks in advance.
"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
kirk23

RE: This game is amazing on the iPad.

Post by kirk23 »

ORIGINAL: rogo727

Hello all. I am playing on the easiest level and still getting my butt kicked by the Serbs I have restarted many times and was wondering how to defeat this tiny country. Any ideas? This is the hardest game ever made for the iPad! Thanks in advance.

Attack the back door route like you were going after Nis.Concentrate your force's to this task,use your Artillery & Aircraft to weaken the Serbian units,then attack with your Infantry,also use your Calvary to pursuit the enemies retreating units!

Attachments
Attackthe..terNis..jpg
Attackthe..terNis..jpg (163.47 KiB) Viewed 43 times
Make it so!
Housies

Post by Housies »

I have noticed in my last game, playing the allies that serbia has a lot of PP to produce units. What they do lack however is manpower! So what you need to do is lower their production capacity so you can gain an advantage in numbers on the field.

Therefore I would concentrate on Belgrade. When you attack (either with infantry or arty, the production capacity of Belgrade will be lowered. This will dimish their possibility to reinforce their troops in the long run.
In order to have a chance to take on Belgrade, first secure the lands surrounding it so you can attack the city from at least 4 different hexes. concentrate air and arty before you send in the infantry. After taking Belgrade, try to surround some of the serbian infantry that is left and try to cut them off from Tirana. This will leave them at half or no supply and its a cakewalk from there.

enjoy.
Dorb

Post by Dorb »

It better be amazing for the price.
I am more afraid of an army of 100 sheep led by a lion than an army of 100 lions led by a sheep.
… Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Perigord

Return to “Commander - The Great War”