Getting back in

Post here if you are looking for an opponent to play against.

Moderators: JAMiAM, ralphtricky

MPHopcroft1

Getting back in

Post by MPHopcroft1 »

I was afraid that after I upgraded my computer and found that my downloads had expired on all my Matrix games (I really need to pick up a new one but have a lot of things on my plate for my money) that I would be unable to play TOAW. Imagine my surprise when I found that I still had a setup file and that my serial number still worked! I now have it on my system.

Of course, now I have to remember how to play. I also have to remember what some things mean, like those lines on the counters that are on some counters and not on others. I also found that a lot of the scenarios I like, and most of the numerous scenarios I'm interested in from outside (which I need to figure out how to grab again) are PO, meaning they are a lot better with a live (or more likely PBEM) opponent.

Which means I'm wondering if I could play a teaching-refresher game with someone. Ideally I'd like to manage to play out one turn a day (something I've had trouble with in the past owing to the number of irons I have in the fire), but if someone can help with that I'd really like to have another go at learning TOAW.
"Any asset that would cost you the war if lost is no longer an asset, but a liability." -- Me

"No plan survives the battlefield" -- old Army saw.

"Without Love, I'd have no Anger. I wouldn't believe in Righteousness" -- Bernie Taupin
ddiego

RE: Getting back in

Post by ddiego »

Sent you a private message.
MPHopcroft1

RE: Getting back in

Post by MPHopcroft1 »

The fact that I responded rather slowly is not a good sign.

I think I should post some of my newbie questions (even though I've owned copies of the game for more than seven years)...
"Any asset that would cost you the war if lost is no longer an asset, but a liability." -- Me

"No plan survives the battlefield" -- old Army saw.

"Without Love, I'd have no Anger. I wouldn't believe in Righteousness" -- Bernie Taupin

Return to “Opponents Wanted”