Central Power separately playable ?

Commander - The Great War is the latest release in the popular and playable Commander series of historical strategy games. Gamers will enjoy a huge hex based campaign map that stretches from the USA in the west, Africa and Arabia to the south, Scandinavia to the north and the Urals to the east on a new engine that is more efficient and fully supports widescreen resolutions.
Commander – The Great War features a Grand Campaign covering the whole of World War I from the invasion of Belgium on August 5, 1914 to the Armistice on the 11th of November 1918 in addition to 16 different unit types including Infantry, Cavalry, Armoured Cars and Tanks, Artillery, Railroad Guns and Armoured Trains and more!

Moderators: Lord Zimoa, MOD_Commander_The_Great_War

Major Bong

Central Power separately playable ?

Post by Major Bong »

I bought this when it came out in 2012, but haven't played it in a while. Just wanted to know if the Central Powers can now be played separately or if you are still the Commander of Germany and Austria-Hungary.

Edit: spelling
kirk23

RE: Central Power separately playable ?

Post by kirk23 »

ORIGINAL: Major Bong

I bought this when it came out in 2012, but haven't played it in a while. Just wanted to know if the Central Powers can no be played separately or if you are s till the Commander of Germany and Austria-Hungary.

You still control the Central Power as a whole,and of course,if you play as the the Entente,you control all off them as well.
Make it so!
Housies

Post by Housies »

Can't play them separately. That's the idea of a total war. The actions on each front influence the outcome on the other fronts.
toddtreadway

Post by toddtreadway »

I think being able to play them separately would be a great feature. Not to mention opening up opportunities for multiplayer games with the excellent Slitherine file-server.
Rongor

Post by Rongor »

ORIGINAL: Housies

Can't play them separately. That's the idea of a total war. The actions on each front influence the outcome on the other fronts.
"total war" is nothing but a phrase. Different fronts depending on each other don't really demand a lone general. On the opposite. You got to divide workload onto several shoulders. That is how it is done in RL.

Return to “Commander - The Great War”