Distant Worlds live series - The Caleph Alliance

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Sirian

RE: Distant Worlds live series coming soon.

Post by Sirian »

I follow your series on YouTube and am enjoying it very much, although I am currently still at Part 2 (I do not have much free time available)

I noticed you have my EVE components mod installed, which fills my with great joy. But I had to discover that there seem to be some icons missing. So I downloaded your mod will do some race-specific icons today to make the component mod extended-compatible.

Here it is: DWE compatible components mod
Sorry for invading the thread.
Keston

Post by Keston »

Congratulations on achieving some territorial war goals. I like how the various other powers fighting the Yor took the opportunity of Caleph entry into the war to bow out themselves. The Yor didn't seem to hit back as hard as I would have thought they would - were their funds depleted by the multi-front war they had been fighting?

The Yor have powerful firepower ratings - do they get that by using heavy short range weapons? You mentioned that the advantages of carriers are eroded over time by counters. What is the trend in armament for the wiser AI after a few decades of play?

Two visual details - I don't know if anything can be done about it, but I notice the Youtube is 720 rather than 1080 resolution, meaning the text and details are much less clear even on the 1080 screen. Also, I think it is fair play to change opponent colors when they become confusingly similar - such as the adjoining greens.
Haree78

Post by Haree78 »

Thanks Sirian! I shall pick that up :)

@Keston
My intelligence agents grabbed an operations map every so often and the Yor didn't have huge amounts of ships, they were just each extremely powerful!
Several of their fleets were busy dealing with Lemeresh defence and attack duties from what I could tell, so they were stretched thin, which showed it ended up being the perfect time to strike.

The AI will have their own flavour of ships and some will be suited to fight me, other not so. If they stay ahead of me in to late research levels then who knows who will put up a nice fight against me, we shall see if anyone makes me rethink my strategy. Currently I was influencing strategy in my research, so I knew investing in armour wasn't the greatest idea for the Yor because it will do little against their phasers. The XHumans however....if I have to fight them I will need to get that armour maxed out!

About the 720p hmmm I'm not sure. I could try changing my desktop resolution to 720p I guess to stop the compression factors hurting the fonts less. I'm not sure I have the connection to stream at 1080p so I would need to record locally and upload gigantic files that would just be too much down time for my PC and connection I think. I will try changing resolution next time to hope it solves it a little.
Tcby

Post by Tcby »

I'm looking forward to catching up on the episode I missed yesterday. I would have watched, had I not forgotten it was a Tuesday[8|]
Keston

Post by Keston »

Thanks. I have little understanding of the wizardry of video production and streaming.

I gather the Xhumans like shield bypassing weapons systems. Optimizing fleets against particular opponents sounds like prudent strategy, particularly if their ships are formidable.

Haree78

Post by Haree78 »

Going to do a stream Sunday mid day again, and will try to reschedule one soon, been working a lot lately so not played anywhere near enough, looking forward to get back in to this!

@Keston yeah the XHumans use rail guns so I need some armour for my ships to survive.
Tcby

Post by Tcby »

Looking forward to this :)
Keston

Post by Keston »

Now live, a galactic conflagration!
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

Nice development, recovery of Yor and retaliation, help of Tairoshan for which they payed later, bribing that swarm fleet of Gizzies to join glorious Calephs after very polite taking of their homeworld planet. Alot of action, was quite intense :)
Alien Immersion (WIP) : tm.asp?m=3651979
Beyond Extended Universe (WIP): tm.asp?m=3657646
johanwanderer

Post by johanwanderer »

And I thought I had catch up and would be able to participate in a live session. I guess I'll just have to do more catching up now :)
Haree78

Post by Haree78 »

Haha sorry man, planning to do the next session Thursday night (in the UK), wont be as long as the usual run though.
Keston

Post by Keston »

What UK time Thursday would that be?
Haree78

Post by Haree78 »

Approx 7 UK time.
Keston

Post by Keston »

Please advise regarding the next installment.
Haree78

Post by Haree78 »

Good question, wanted to try later game version hoping there was the refuel issues gone but I don't see anything in patch notes yet. I will probably just soldier through ;)

I'll do one Sunday starting around 13:00.
Keston

Post by Keston »

See the Tech Support thread on resupply for ideas.

Return to “After Action Reports”