Event notifications occasionally point to the wrong place

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Vardis

Event notifications occasionally point to the wrong place

Post by Vardis »

On occasion, after receiving notification of an event, like destroying a starbase, or silver mist being released, when I click on the link in the message section, it will take me to something else entirely. The last time it happened, rather than pointing me at the mist location, it centered on a previously undiscovered supply base.
ehsumrell1

RE: Event notifications occasionally point to the wrong place

Post by ehsumrell1 »

ORIGINAL: Vardis

On occasion, after receiving notification of an event, like destroying a starbase, or silver mist being released, when I click on the link in the message section, it will take me to something else entirely. The last time it happened, rather than pointing me at the mist location, it centered on a previously undiscovered supply base.
Hello Vardis;

When this occurs, please save and upload the savegame for Elliot to review.
Instructions are here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2415085
Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...
Vardis

Post by Vardis »

I've uploaded a save under Vardis - incorrect message links.

When I sorted by name, both messages regarding "Valuable Treasure Discovered" are pointing to existing pirate bases that I haven't been to (or haven't been to recently), rather than bases I destroyed at that time.

The "Galactic Newsnet: United Zenox Empire - Dormant SilverMist..." message is the one that when I clicked on it in the scrolling messages at top pointed me to the supply zone. However when looking through the full message list, the "Go to location" is not selectable, so perhaps in that case it's not intended that I can click on that?

On the off chance that it's related, when I double click on a special location from the sidebar on the left, it doesn't center and zoom on the area, it looks like it just zooms in based on wherever my screen currently is. Probably not related, but I figured I'd mention it.

In that same save game is an example of the assault pods not reloading. Growling Revenge (leading attack fleet) is permanently stuck at 2/3. I can cross post that to the other thread or use a separate save file name if necessary.
ehsumrell1

Post by ehsumrell1 »

A cross post is not needed now that the savegame is on the server. Thanks Vardis!
Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...

Return to “Tech Support”