Weapon Upgrades?

Civil War 2 is the definitive grand strategy game of the period. It is a turn based regional game with an emphasis on playability and historical accuracy. It is built on the renowned AGE game engine, with a modern and intuitive interface that makes it easy to learn yet hard to master.
This historical operational strategy game with a simultaneous turn-based engine (WEGO system) that places players at the head of the USA or CSA during the American Civil War (1861-1865).

Moderator: Pocus

kirk23

Weapon Upgrades?

Post by kirk23 »

Hello I don't own a copy of this game yet,but I have been reading the thread messages here,and I have to say I think I will be buying a copy of the game pretty soon,but before I do I have a question: Does weapon upgrades play any part in the game,for example the Gatling gun?
Make it so!
Philo32b

RE: Weapon Upgrades?

Post by Philo32b »

There is some progression of weapon/combat technology, but it is subtle and not something the player has control over. Basically as the game progresses to where the Gatling gun became available historically, it becomes available in the game. Other things that are gradually added are the ability to entrench much better and the ability to form divisions and corps. Some types of units evolve as well over time. But all of this is given to the player to use or not--you don't have to invest in a civ-like tech tree, for example.

You do have regional and national decisions regarding diplomacy with other nations (very minor in this game) and economy/infrastructure (much more so).
kirk23

RE: Weapon Upgrades?

Post by kirk23 »

Thank you for swift reply to my query cheers![;)]
Make it so!

Return to “Civil War II”