Is Taps Playing?

Get ready for Mark H. Walker's Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad. This is the first complete computer game in the Lock ‘n Load series, covering the battles in and around Stalingrad during World War II.
Werewolf13

Is Taps Playing?

Post by Werewolf13 »

... or are people too busy playing HOS to post.

I was a long time lurker here. Now a buyer (about a month ago) mostly because of the forum activity and extremely positive posts about LnL:HOS

Now this place is DEAD!

What did I miss? Did a dev pee in someone's coffee or something?
Freedom is not free! Nor should it be. For men being men will neither fight for nor value that which is free.

Michael Andress
rickier65

RE: Is Taps Playing?

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: Werewolf1326

... or are people too busy playing HOS to post.

I was a long time lurker here. Now a buyer (about a month ago) mostly because of the forum activity and extremely positive posts about LnL:HOS

Now this place is DEAD!

What did I miss? Did a dev pee in someone's coffee or something?

I also picked this up about a month ago, though I have to admit, I haven't played yet. I'm hoping that the silence is simply due to everyone playing and not having problems. And hopefully the devs are working on expansion modules!

Rick
baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

I like the game. I have some of the modded scenarios and units. However, I have played most of the scenarios a couple times without any variation of units starting hexes. I AM NOT able to make my own scenarios or have point buy ins like in SPWAW. Awaiting some official new scenarios, as it is rather difficult (for me anyways) to change between modded scenarios/units. Also, the campain requires you to win to move forward, and I eventually got stuck (Rusky AND German). So...still waiting...and playing other games now (like ATG)...
JRR
fran52

Post by fran52 »

I have some new scenario based on the East mod but ,as asked in the tech support(without answer),i have problem with the side.So i'm not able to post new scenarios.
The programmer seem desappeared and we have no news about new games.
wodin

Post by wodin »

The spotting mechanic has diminished the game for me sadly. Sill have a go every now and again hough.
fran52

Post by fran52 »

The spotting mechanic has diminished the game for me sadly.
Mean you that is too difficult to spot unit?Also for me is a little to difficult,we can ask the programmer(when are again alive)to increase the probability for the spotting.
Capitaine

Post by Capitaine »

Effective play doesn't depend on the spotting mechanic. I routinely won scenarios easily and never made a spotting roll. If you're worried about spotting you're doing something wrong; in my opinion.

My own play essentially stopped dead in its tracks when I got to a late German campaign scenario where I was to advance across three boards. By turn 6 I had secured my starting board, but a deadly Russian stack materialized right in the midst of my troops which had just cleared the hex where the Russians appeared. I reported this to the devs as a serious error of some kind, and was told it was working as designed and that I had simply advanced too fast for the script. I didn't believe 6 turns was "too fast" for the width of one board and was faced with having a killer stack in the midst of my rallying troops. Rather than backtrack to replay at the pace of the scenario script, I just stalled out and lost interest.

I keep meaning to pick it back up to decide what to do in this scenario and move on, but it's been overtaken by my backlog of games and I don't seem to be able to drum up the motivation to go back to it.
fran52

Post by fran52 »

Effective play doesn't depend on the spotting mechanic. I routinely won scenarios easily and never made a spotting roll. If you're worried about spotting you're doing something wrong; in my opinion.
Is possible that you are right,until now i have not completely understood the mechanic of the game, having spent more time to the modding instead of playing.
z1812

Post by z1812 »

Hopefully the developers are at work on the next title. This game has lots of promise and I hope it is realized.

A more accessible editor would be a great addition.
Philo32b

Post by Philo32b »

ORIGINAL: acropora

I also never spot and am fairly effective against the scenarios. I also never generate smoke. Both could be very useful, but the the failures from bad rolls take too much time away from the ticking clock of the scenario. Better to advance an enticing squad to draw fire. (Especially if you draw fire at a squad that is still under some cover. The AI is quite good, but it can still get a little jumpy at times and fire before it should.)
jascou

Post by jascou »

IMO, those of us who own the game need to get online and engage in some multiplayer action. For months I've logged in to the server to see if there's anyone available and haven't seen a soul. Ever. Which is a shame, because this game would be a blast online. Plus, it might inspire others to purchase it (word of mouth, more forum activity, etc), and in turn, encourage the developers to continue to work on future expansions to LnL.
Jeffrey H.

Post by Jeffrey H. »

I followed closely before launch but stayed away after release. It didn't seem to have enough depth and some of the mechanics put me off. The lack of forum activity IMO suggests that a lack of depth is a real problem.

History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson
Werewolf13

Post by Werewolf13 »

ORIGINAL: jascou

IMO, those of us who own the game need to get online and engage in some multiplayer action. For months I've logged in to the server to see if there's anyone available and haven't seen a soul. Ever. Which is a shame, because this game would be a blast online. Plus, it might inspire others to purchase it (word of mouth, more forum activity, etc), and in turn, encourage the developers to continue to work on future expansions to LnL.

Took your advice. No one there.
Freedom is not free! Nor should it be. For men being men will neither fight for nor value that which is free.

Michael Andress
jascou

Post by jascou »

ORIGINAL: Werewolf1326
Took your advice. No one there.

Ah, touché. I'll make a point of being online this weekend.
z1812

Post by z1812 »

Unfortunately it is not a good sign when a thread like this pops up and no one from Matrix or the Development team comments.
Tom Proudfoot

Post by Tom Proudfoot »

I would but I dunno what to say!

meskary

Post by meskary »

I hope not, as I waited along time and have enjoyed playing this game. One suggestion that I would ask is all the add-ons and scenarios be put together with an update/patch so they are easily down loaded by all. Not sure if that makes sense or not...
Tim James

Post by Tim James »

I really enjoyed my time with the game. I might pick up an expansion, but my gaming time is fading fast.

Return to “Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad”