Ops Points vs Repair Points

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Boomer Redleg

Ops Points vs Repair Points

Post by Boomer Redleg »

What's the difference between Ops points and Repair points?

On page 245 (14.2.3.2.1 Repair Ship Capacity) the manual says that each undamaged Repair Ship will generate 1000 Ops points per turn and that you use them or lose them.

On page 246 (14.2.3.2.1.1 Repair Points) it says that each Repair Ship may contribute up to a maximum of 83 repair points (so I'm guessing that repair points are a random number between 1-83?) which can repair up to 0.83 damage points per turn (which means that the ratio is 100:1 for repair points to damage points).

Further down on page 246 (14.2.3.2.1.3 Priority Repair) it says that Repair Ships can repair on a "High-Priority" basis and that in this case they can use the entire aggregate of Ops points to repair up to a maximum of 1.4 damage points per turn.

So if I read this right then the most effective way to use a Repair Ship is to assign damaged ships to a higher priority which in essence doubles the amount of repair done to a ship if it was not assigned the high priority. Is this correct?

Last question for now :-) - starting on page 246 (14.2.3.4 Port Repair Assist) it says that the table above shows the maximum number of Port Assist Repair Points for ports of different sizes, and that an undamaged port 6, as an example, generates 51 Repair Points. There is no table. Does anyone know how many Port Assist Repare Points a port generates from port levels 1-10? My current WAG is that each increase in port level generates somewhere around 8-9 Repair Points...
Kaboom!

- See ya
LoBaron

RE: Ops Points vs Repair Points

Post by LoBaron »

I have always found this to be one of the most helpful guides for WitP AE:
SHIP REPAIR 101 GUIDE

Might be exactly what you are looking for (and a bit more).
btd64

Post by btd64 »

The ship repair guide 101 is a great reference. Helped me understand a lot of things about repair. I also move my ships between shipyard and pierside to get the important ones fixed first.[:)] GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
Boomer Redleg

Post by Boomer Redleg »

In reference to ship repairs I think I now understand the difference between Ops Points, Repair Points, and Damage Points after reviewing the Ship Repair 101 Guide and then getting back into the manual (thanks for the link).

I'm still trying to check on information regarding the missing port/repair points table table referenced in 14.2.3.4 - Port Repair Assist, so if anyone has knowledge of that it would be appreciated.

Kaboom!

- See ya
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

Read s.12 of the guide and it's tables I and J.

Read table on page 239 of the manual.

Alfred
Boomer Redleg

Post by Boomer Redleg »

Hi Alfred,

I did look at the table on page 239 but the example in section 14.2.3.4 says that a size 6 port generates 51 Repair Points while the chart on page 239 shows 63 points for a size 6 port. So you think the example of 51 Repair Points is probably just a typo?
Kaboom!

- See ya

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”