Kill Leader

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

swkuh

RE: Kill Leader

Post by swkuh »

Agree w/Flaviusx that absurdities do occur (this an example) but in all my Axis vs. AI experience I get very reasonable results this issue. Am careful to keep HQs in guarded locations and to have as much air defense around as seems reasonable.
mmarquo

Post by mmarquo »

MK,

Not guessing nor amazing, rather reading what was posted, "I lost more than 25 Leaders in 2/18/1943 and 90% after 1-2 bombing HQ." Grammatically this implies that all of the 25 leaders were killed in or during the 2/18/1943 turn. Had the post read, "I lost more than 25 Leaders by or up to 2/18/1943 and 90% after 1-2 bombing HQ." then the meaning would have been different and not at all ambiguous.

Cheers,

Marquo

Mark,
it is 88 turn loss. How could you guess it is one turn? Amazing.
Interesting, I remembered I didn't kill a single general in our game.
ORIGINAL: Marquo

Flav,

I read the post to indicate 25 leaders killed in one turn...could be wrong but still; I have bombed HQs until my fingers ached and never was able to kill leaders in but one pass.

! I lost more than 25 Leaders in 2/18/1943 and 90% after 1-2 bombing HQ. Interesting, how many reloads needed to this? Maybe who know?

Saper2229

Post by Saper2229 »

Thanks for comment.
I used one time 30 reloads to bombinq HQ and not killed leader. One time used 5 reloads and kill leaders.
I see, that I kill more, than 20 Soviet leaders and was surprise for me - I see only 5-6 messages about this.
beekeeper

Post by beekeeper »

this old bug, no reloads

i see it and write report +save in 2011 ;)

after 1 bombing any hq on map - 100% killed leader

if you want - you can doing it over and over

tm.asp?m=2905728 - this tread

morvael

Post by morvael »

So how to repeat that?
beekeeper

Post by beekeeper »

> So how to repeat that?

doing next attack =)

on this turn ALL hq bombing will kill for 1-4 leader
morvael

Post by morvael »

If it's directly related to air attacks on HQ units then it should be severely limited in 1.08.
beekeeper

Post by beekeeper »

im and mike play with the absence of bombings hq at all 3 years
Oshawott

Post by Oshawott »

I don't understand what these two players are talking about. I can bomb HQs as much as I want as German and no Russian leaders are killed.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”