Victory at Sea Game: anyone hear of it?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

radic202

Victory at Sea Game: anyone hear of it?

Post by radic202 »

Hey gang, just wondering if this is something that just came out of the blue or that some of you in here have been following. Not my pleasure in plugging games form other Developers (as I an a Matrix/Slitherine fanboy here), but it is good to play some other games every once in a while and would hate to get interested in something not worth it.. Any feed back would be great.

http://www.victoryatseagame.com/

p.s. again sorry Iain for plugging another developers game but you have always put gamers ahead of being bias here and thanks for that.
It is much harder to think about doing something than actually doing it!
Gilmer

RE: Victory at Sea Game: anyone hear of it?

Post by Gilmer »

Heard of it and saw a let's play of it. Did not watch the let's play very long. It was a Let's Play of the Beta.
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
wings7

Post by wings7 »

Roger, Thanks for the info! [:)] I will be looking into it when it comes out on Steam, it looks good. It's OK to bring to the attention a game that is coming out from another developer/publisher, we are all ONE big, happy gaming community!

Patrick
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
radic202

Post by radic202 »

ORIGINAL: wings7

Roger, Thanks for the info! [:)] I will be looking into it when it comes out on Steam, it looks good. It's OK to bring to the attention a game that is coming out from another developer/publisher, we are all ONE big, happy gaming community!

Patrick

Thanks Patrick for that: it's just because I am such a fanboy of Matrix/Slitherine (and proud of it), plus I am so thrilled that Iain and other at Matrix/Slitherine Developpers participate on the Forums in Steam, it shows how dedicated the developers are about their games and they directly answer the Steam Community when they have queries. We are used to that here but Steam users may not be so used to it. Of course all that does is educate and garner a new breed of Wargamers..............Once more thanks for the reassurance Patrick.
It is much harder to think about doing something than actually doing it!
seerymart

Post by seerymart »

Personally, I didn't play this game, but I heard it through my friend.
annaclara

Post by annaclara »

really cool post that you hvae given here
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

Look interesting, hope it better than Pacific Storm Allies. Too bad didnt have any upclose naval engagements in "War in the Pacific Admiral Edition".
Toby42

Post by Toby42 »

Wasn't there an old Avalon Hill game by the name years ago. It also had a sister game called Victory in the Pacific? I think.....
Tony
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

There was an old TV series by that name. It's nice that someone can appropriate another's product name. I would of named my naval game that if I didn’t think it belong to someone else.
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
wings7

Post by wings7 »

ORIGINAL: radic202
ORIGINAL: wings7

Patrick

Thanks Patrick for that: it's just because I am such a fanboy of Matrix/Slitherine (and proud of it), plus I am so thrilled that Iain and other at Matrix/Slitherine Developpers participate on the Forums in Steam, it shows how dedicated the developers are about their games and they directly answer the Steam Community when they have queries. We are used to that here but Steam users may not be so used to it. Of course all that does is educate and garner a new breed of Wargamers..............Once more thanks for the reassurance Patrick.

Roger, I too am a fanboy of Matrix/Slitherine, the "Deal of the Week" has added a good portion of their game catalog to my gaming bookcase! [:)] I also am a fan of other games and publishers and have never had a problem with sharing that info here on the Matrix/Slitherine forums.

Patrick
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
Capt. Harlock

Post by Capt. Harlock »

Wasn't there an old Avalon Hill game by the name years ago. It also had a sister game called Victory in the Pacific? I think

Mostly right. The first game was titled "War at Sea", dealing with the Atlantic and the Med. Some ingenious gamers came up with rules for combining the two games, calling the result "Victory at Sea".
Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo

Return to “General Discussion”