NFC East Slapdown: NY59Giants (A) vs 1EyedJack & Rysyonok (J) - BTS

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

topeverest

RE: NFC East Slapdown: NY59Giants (A) vs Cribtop (J) - Between the Storms

Post by topeverest »

very interesting what if. I expect roughly generic results, subject to player skill and luck.

I've always thought the empire's decision on airframe types and capabilities was equally or more impactful to their ship typing with the effects starting at the end of 42. I am toying with the idea of a historical start but early airframe upgrades like a true medium and heavy bomber, and fighters to compete. It wouldn't have violated any treaty I am aware of and would be within historical production capabilities.

Anyway, food for thought.
Andy M
ny59giants

Post by ny59giants »

If you're not familiar with RA, here is what you will see in BTS plus those listed in RED in recent post from Treaty mod. Japan gets some extra toys, but with the Allies getting a few of their own, John and I hope that there will be more action in 42 and 43 with Japan having more staying power throughout the war (notice the increased number of Shokaku Class CVs in 43). These series of mods are focused on the naval side mainly for both sides.

Attachments
JapCVBBProd.jpg
JapCVBBProd.jpg (146.85 KiB) Viewed 89 times
[center]Image[/center]
topeverest

Post by topeverest »

I'm not too familiar with RA, as I am embroiled in my own longstanding PBEM mod that wont end until sometime next year. It's a very interesting scenario. I will be curious if the empire chooses decisive battle or attritional warfare as the allied strength begins coming in.
Andy M
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

Cribtop shall be an interesting opponent. About a month after this game starts he and I are squaring off in the same Mod where he will play the Allies. Should be a bunch of fun.

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
Mike McCreery

Post by Mike McCreery »

I should just stick to this AAR so I can give you my help...

Ok, that even gave me a chuckle!!

Good Luck!
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

Just Posted this over in Cribtop's AAR:

GREAT NEWS. I just got RA 7.0 finished. Juan has already done his off-map aircraft upgrades done so it is finished.

This means I have a real chance of having Between the Storms READY by Tuesday. You boys will be able to RUMBLE at that point.

BANZAI!

Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Xilana

Post by Xilana »

One to watch, subscribed!
DOCUP

Post by DOCUP »

Count me in.
ny59giants

Post by ny59giants »

To avoid the 'dreaded' page 2, I'll post a short note. [:)]

Right now I'm thinking about having the hybrid CLV/CAV/CVLs be added to each of the 5 American heavy CVs. There are four at start with a fifth (CVL King's Mountain) coming in with CV Yorktown at end of Dec 41. Anybody who has followed some of my posting knows that I will place a 18 plane Marine fighter group on my American CVs (except Wasp) through most of 42. In July 42, the American CV fighter groups expand to 36 planes. Add in the 36 SBD and 15 Avengers and you get 87. Too much to keep the 18 plane Marine groups. However, I can switch the Marines over to the hybrids which often can hold just 18 planes and take off their two groups (12 fighters and 6 SBD). The 12 plane fighters can go to the CVs and I'll keep the 36 plane newly expanded groups short a few. Right now, I could keep them all and have the total be 99 planes. I'll keep the total 2 to 4 below the 110% level. My word for 42 for CVs is Survivability!! [:D]

For those unfamiliar with RA and now BTS, the Allies can convert some AV and AKVs to CVEs which I do.
[center]Image[/center]
rook749

Post by rook749 »

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

To avoid the 'dreaded' page 2, I'll post a short note. [:)]

Right now I'm thinking about having the hybrid CLV/CAV/CVLs be added to each of the 5 American heavy CVs. There are four at start with a fifth (CVL King's Mountain) coming in with CV Yorktown at end of Dec 41. Anybody who has followed some of my posting knows that I will place a 18 plane Marine fighter group on my American CVs (except Wasp) through most of 42. In July 42, the American CV fighter groups expand to 36 planes. Add in the 36 SBD and 15 Avengers and you get 87. Too much to keep the 18 plane Marine groups. However, I can switch the Marines over to the hybrids which often can hold just 18 planes and take off their two groups (12 fighters and 6 SBD). The 12 plane fighters can go to the CVs and I'll keep the 36 plane newly expanded groups short a few. Right now, I could keep them all and have the total be 99 planes. I'll keep the total 2 to 4 below the 110% level. My word for 42 for CVs is Survivability!! [:D]

For those unfamiliar with RA and now BTS, the Allies can convert some AV and AKVs to CVEs which I do.

I think this pairing of CV and CVL is perfect and you have have a very effective plan for the use of the air groups verse carrier deck space. That will also give us some shore based SDBs and possibly place one of the size 6 SDBs on the Wasp. You can either train with the rest for forward deploy them with the Marine Dive Bomber air units.
topeverest

Post by topeverest »

I like doing that too, and I tend to be quite aggressive with the allied CV compliment early on and set ambush zones. Are you saying you will be playing fleet in being in the early months? Unless Cribtop keeps KB together, you can get a freebie, and turn the game quickly. Combine that with active naval counterpulse in DEI, and many empire players fall well short of their expansion goals. Over the years, I have grown to the opinion that it is appropriate to expense as many allied naval assets as necessary to turn the enemy quickly. It will be interesting to see how the extra empire strength is used.

I'll be watching to see if you play the early Kuril's card to throw him off his game.
Andy M
ny59giants

Post by ny59giants »

Wasp will probably get the Wildcat recon unit or part of one broken down. They come in early 42 and need to be trained up first in Air and then Recon skills.

Plans are to find where 2 of 3 of KB components are (remember that KB is broken down into three TFs with 2 CVs and a CVL each) and go play were they are NOT!! 4 CVs and 2 CVLs will probably end up off Pearl and the third is starting at Babeldaob (Soryu and Hiryu). By end of Jan '42, I'll have four CVs and 5 of my hybrids in SoPac or beyond. Saratoga may head to Aluetians initially to halt any quick move to Umnak and further east. Hopefully, the modern CLs at Pearl are not hit as they will go north too.
[center]Image[/center]
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

Am Home and will be JUMPING on getting all three Mods FINISHED this week.

JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

Good luck Micheal! I´ll be following both AARs so I probably won´t post as much as I usually do! [:)]
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

DONE! Files coming for perusal...

ny59giants

Post by ny59giants »

John and I decided to modify the great work Symon/JWE did with integrating the latest DBB changes into RA that was used for the bases for BTS. One area was the ability for the Allies to have a few of the Australian brigades to recombine into full divisions. We allow the 6th and 7th to come back like they have been doing to date in every other game. In Australia, three brigades now have a small HQ battalion come in mid-June and mid-November allowing the 1st and then the 2nd Australian Divisions to be rebuilt. They is no 3rd, 4th, or 8th Division within BTS now.

Both RA 7.0 and BTS have significant changes made in the Australian OOB (plus new bases there), Dutch and Philippine OOB to be aware of.

I made small errors with those HQ battalions that I thought I had done correctly until this morning. Now that I've made the corrections, Cribtop has the newest mod files and can proceed with his 1st turn.
[center]Image[/center]
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

I made small errors with those HQ battalions that I thought I had done correctly until this morning. Now that I've made the corrections, Cribtop has the newest mod files and can proceed with his 1st turn.

[&o]
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

Wasp will probably get the Wildcat recon unit or part of one broken down. They come in early 42 and need to be trained up first in Air and then Recon skills.

Plans are to find where 2 of 3 of KB components are (remember that KB is broken down into three TFs with 2 CVs and a CVL each) and go play were they are NOT!! 4 CVs and 2 CVLs will probably end up off Pearl and the third is starting at Babeldaob (Soryu and Hiryu). By end of Jan '42, I'll have four CVs and 5 of my hybrids in SoPac or beyond. Saratoga may head to Aluetians initially to halt any quick move to Umnak and further east. Hopefully, the modern CLs at Pearl are not hit as they will go north too.

Remember that Wasp is Yorktown Class in BTS.

John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

What is keeping this show up??!!

Return to “After Action Reports”