Tank reinforcement not appearing on the map?

Post bug reports and ask for support here.
NZgunner

Tank reinforcement not appearing on the map?

Post by NZgunner »

In the "Just another village" scenario, the tank that the cut scenes relate to seems to be in a hex well off the map (on the wooden table) - the first time I played the scenario he appeared on the road, but in the last couple of times he has been inaccessible.
usgrandprix

RE: Tank reinforcement not appearing on the map?

Post by usgrandprix »

I've had that happen too where reinforcements show up off the map and you can't use them. Mine happened in three of the alternate campaign scenarios. In one of them one of the enemy units I was supposed to destroy never showed up. I saw another post about that issue too.
Philo32b

Post by Philo32b »

ORIGINAL: nzgunner

In the "Just another village" scenario, the tank that the cut scenes relate to seems to be in a hex well off the map (on the wooden table) - the first time I played the scenario he appeared on the road, but in the last couple of times he has been inaccessible.

This same thing happened to me in "Just another village." Until it is fixed the reinforcements are unusable. The first time I did the scenario the vehicles appeared on subsequent turns on the road hexes at the edge of the map, just as they were supposed to. But when I redid the scenario, they appeared off the map (underneath the wood table backgroup). I had a tank selected when it first appeared as a reinforcement, but I was not allowed to move it onto the map and off the table.

I have attached a snapshot of what is happening.
Attachments
Justanoth..orcement.jpg
Justanoth..orcement.jpg (227.95 KiB) Viewed 605 times
Tom Proudfoot

Post by Tom Proudfoot »

Are you on version 1.10? I assume so but it's safer to ask, since there were some reinforcement bugs fixed before.

Then some questions, if you can recall:

- Did you play this scenario continuously from the beginning (i.e., no reloads while playing)?

- If you reloaded did you reload from the Esc options menu during the scenario, or did you go back out to the main menu and Load Game->Load Campaign->Just Another Village?

- But if it was continuous, did you start it from directly chaining from the previous scenario (Human Wave), or did you start it from from New Game->New Campaign->Just Another Village, or did you start it from Load Game->Load Campaign->Just Another Village?

Thanks!

Philo32b

Post by Philo32b »

Thank you for your help. My answers are embedded in your post, below:
ORIGINAL: Tom Proudfoot

Are you on version 1.10? I assume so but it's safer to ask, since there were some reinforcement bugs fixed before.

Yes, I am on version 1.10.
Then some questions, if you can recall:

- Did you play this scenario continuously from the beginning (i.e., no reloads while playing)?

I played through the scenario until I had lost, but I don't recall if I actually conceded defeat. I didn't reload during the scenario, though--I played through to the end. I just don't remember if I played through to the bitter end and saw the Soviet victory screen.
- If you reloaded did you reload from the Esc options menu during the scenario, or did you go back out to the main menu and Load Game->Load Campaign->Just Another Village?

I know I didn't just load the game on the second try, because I just tried the reload after reading your post and it took me to **after** the beginning of the scenario, after the reinforcement problem surfaced.
- But if it was continuous, did you start it from directly chaining from the previous scenario (Human Wave), or did you start it from from New Game->New Campaign->Just Another Village, or did you start it from Load Game->Load Campaign->Just Another Village?

The first time I probably continued directly from the Human Wave scenario. The second time I tried Just Another Village, I must have used New Game-->New Campaign-->Just Another Village, because that is what starts me at the actual start of the scenario (as opposed to Load Game).
Philo32b

Post by Philo32b »

Thank you, Tom! After reading your post, I loaded "Human Wave (end)," which was the victory screen of that scenario. It immediately advanced me to Just Another Village (after I selected my extra campaign units), and this time the reinforcement armor appeared on the road as it should. So while there is still a bug in the game (because starting at the Just Another Village messes up the reinforcements), an easy workaround was suggested by your post. Thanks!
Tom Proudfoot

Post by Tom Proudfoot »

Ok, cool - and thanks for the clues!
jerosmith

Post by jerosmith »

Hi, I've been having the same problem. I've been going to NEW CAMPAIGN for each mission and in just another village I kept encountering this problem where the tanks would not deploy on the map. I just tried the CONTINUE CAMPAIGN and it worked this time. It seems whenever I choose a new campaign is when the error happens.

Return to “Tech Support”