war in the east

Post bug reports and request support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

Icier

war in the east

Post by Icier »

Currently playing the campaign 41-45, as Germans vs computer. Just reached July & processing/moving time just went through the roof, taking up 45mins. Any player got suggestions on how to cut time or do I chuck it in![javascript:void(AddText('[X(]'))X(]
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
swkuh

RE: war in the east

Post by swkuh »

It gets worse... 45 min is only the first sign of it.

morvael

Post by morvael »

Do you have a save from which I can activate the Soviet AI and see how long does it process the turn? What is the "AI" number visible on screen at which it stays for the longest time? Does this happen only when you play for a long time or even after loading the game for the first time?
charlie0311

Post by charlie0311 »

Hi M,

When playing the 42,43, or 44 scenarios the AI takes at least 1/2 hr to complete a turn. Not so in 41 scen. Campaign scens i'm referring to (v.15)

Also when starting the game the intro graphics don't appear and while the game is loading or the AI is processing I notice many pauses were i see the msg "not responding"

Maybe i just need a new download

thx and btw let me add my kudos to the many you so rightfully receive.
morvael

Post by morvael »

What AI number do you see for the longest time?
charlie0311

Post by charlie0311 »

Hi M,

Best guess is last number 156, maybe 155. One hour plus testing time. 2 turns run, 42 campaign scen. axis, human, (i end turn and let the ai go) sov, ai
I get many phone calls during the day lately, so i can't watch very closely.

hope this can help, i will do more testing tonight if needed
morvael

Post by morvael »

Thanks, it's a pointer in right direction. Do you have a save from end of German turn, so I could launch the AI and see it perform slowly?
morvael

Post by morvael »

The AI info is "AI : number number ::: number vs number", what interests me is the first two numbers (it's easy to mistake them for one number as the distance between the two is small). The last two numbers are total CV ratio between sides as the AI sees it.
charlie0311

Post by charlie0311 »

M,

Will get you the first two numbers asap. Can do save, but will need help on getting it to you
morvael

Post by morvael »

Sent you my email in a Private Message.
charlie0311

Post by charlie0311 »

save sent, hope it works
morvael

Post by morvael »

Thanks, will try to look at it when I will have free time.
morvael

Post by morvael »

Turn 1 processed in 4 minutes 17 seconds. Turn 2 processed in 4 minutes 5 seconds. It may be that my computer is faster, but it might be that when doing real turn with a lot of attacks and disrupting Soviet front line the AI has to think longer how to fix it. Did exactly the same save work slowly for you?
charlie0311

Post by charlie0311 »

same turn, did nothing as axis player except "end turn" the computer runs then stops with not responding msg, stop, go, stop, go etc

Have brand new computer speed no problem, win 8.

loading game, same thing, stop,go etc,etc, the opening graphics don't show. have had this problem ever since .15 download
morvael

Post by morvael »

You will see "not responding" if you try to do something with WitE's window when the AI (or logistics phase) is running, but you have to let it be and wait for the screen refresh that will eventually happen. Try to run the AI turn and do not touch computer controls when running, with WitE's window having the focus. How much time will it take then?

I have Win 8.1 and no problems. Maybe you have to reinstall the game in some outside of Program Files location.
charlie0311

Post by charlie0311 »

i don't touch anything and usually leave the room so i don't go completely crazy. i have been living with this for a long time. I had just given up on any of the campaign scens except for 41 which usually takes about 15 min.

"reinstall the game outside of Program Files location" is not possible with my level of computer skill. I would need complete step by step direction.

I am considering getting a new download from Matrix. If i do this should I uninstall all the wite stuff, or delete it, currently in my computer.

I can wait if you're still busy with other stuff.
schascha

Post by schascha »

Do you play with a laptop ???
charlie0311

Post by charlie0311 »

no HP older style with "tower" i said new but it's actually reconditioned. problem began with download of v.1.07.15
morvael

Post by morvael »

I have a laptop...
schascha

Post by schascha »

I posed the question because I had some troubles with mine during the AI turn when the screen move.

I hided the windows down bar and now it's better (the game don't crash anymore) even if I've still
some issues.

P.S sorry in advance for my poor english.

Return to “Tech Support”