What's happened to the Panzer Command series?

Panzer Command: Ostfront is the latest in a new series of 3D turn-based tactical wargames which include single battles, multi-battle operations and full war campaigns with realistic units, tactics and terrain and an informative and practical interface. Including a full Map Editor, 60+ Scenarios, 10 Campaigns and a very long list of improvements, this is the ultimate Panzer Command release for the Eastern Front!

Moderator: rickier65

bairdlander2

RE: What's happened to the Panzer Command series?

Post by bairdlander2 »

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

Specaily you bairdlander I know how you love Panzer Command so much over Combat Mission. [:D]
Dont worry,Im sure you will grow up someday,let use know when you do
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

let use know when you do

Lol and you'll learn to SPELL. [:D]

british exil

Post by british exil »

ORIGINAL: bairdlander
ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

Specaily you bairdlander I know how you love Panzer Command so much over Combat Mission. [:D]
Dont worry,Im sure you will grow up someday,let use know when you do
let use know when you do

Lol and you'll learn to SPELL. [:D]

[/quote]
quote:

let use know when you do

Lol and you'll learn to SPELL.

Both had spelling mistakes, often this happens because we type too fast or do not bother reading what we have just written. And has happened to all of us, one time or the other.

It would be nice though to keep this thread relatively serious, the Matrix staff do read these threads and give thought to our posts. But not if we start insulting or start slagging each other.

Please keep this in mind, we are a mature forum here and as most people know we do have threads where "insulting" is intended and fun and games are the order of the day.

I am not the forum police or a grammar nazi, but do feel sad when we try to get developers to continue to forward their game and we do not take these threads ernest enough. Why should we expect a response from them, if this may be the case?

Mat
"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS
bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

My point is just because my taste's are differant from the OP,no reason to insult me or be a smart ass.Fine to start a thread asking for a new release of a game,but to bad mouth any who do not agree and make posts such as "up,up,here we go" and "oh my goodness,did I do that?" in order to keep this thread at the top shows a great level of immaturity from the OP and lessens the serious nature of the original post.He asked for our opinion and I simply stated it is not something that would interest me.
wworld7

Post by wworld7 »

I hope you have better success than I did in getting the OP to understand this. It isn't complicated (to me).
Flipper
mgarnett

Post by mgarnett »

Emailed Eric but I've not heard anything back yet
Mark Garnett
Brisbane Australia
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Well keep trying I'm sure they will respond soon.
Qwixt

Post by Qwixt »

Nah, he got the email. He will respond when he has the time.
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

What are some improvements you'd like to see in the Panzer Command: West (hopefully series of games)?
Ratzki

Post by Ratzki »

Infantry combat needs improvement. There is not enough on screen indications of what is going on, you always have to look away down to the corner to see the little "indicater" buttons to really know what is happening to any squad.
Being able to exit buildings from any side.
Able to move guns.
A little friendlier editor. The googleearth/colour generator is fine but placing trees and other items every time is a pain.
budd

Post by budd »

been playing a bit of this lately.Agree with the above.

Being able to exit buildings at any side is needed.
movable guns
being able to have more control over airstrikes, a general when and where would be nice.
plotting arty/smoke improvement.
different icons on the UI for different types of armor and infantry for easier selecting.
Having the locked on view even when buttoned[commanders view only works when unbuttoned]
the manual says the Russians have a charge command, but i'd like tanks to have the ability to run over infantry. Played a battle yesterday with alot of trenches and ran over a few russian infantry squads with no effect.

a pie in the sky dream would be destructible buildings and terrain,damage showing on armor, selectable floors for infantry entering buildings.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

I'm for more randomness in maps myself. Turning the already made maps 90 degrees is ok for awhile but they do start to get samey.
Ratzki

Post by Ratzki »

A few more tracres would be nice. sometimes i have to replay a couple times to see a one off shot at my infantry
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Maybe some more detailed art work? Being able to name ones squad leaders and commanders? I know who my point squad leader will be. [:'(]
Ratzki

Post by Ratzki »

I still think this game would play better up one level of command. Just give the orders to the platoon HQ and let the ai move the individual squads within some preset settings that are also adjustable. Tanks could be kept as is, mostly because this aspect of the game is bvery good as it is. You might be able to abstract out a little more on the ground cover to ease up on the performance hit. The game seems to want to play more as a commander's type game not down at the micromanaging level where it sits now.

I would like to see the terrain modifiers based on the depth of the effective terrain base and get away from individual trees affecting movement, LOS, ect.
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

Erik, is either getting ready to go, or is already on vacation.
ORIGINAL: Ratzki

I still think this game would play better up one level of command. Just give the orders to the platoon HQ and let the ai move the individual squads within some preset settings that are also adjustable. Tanks could be kept as is, mostly because this aspect of the game is bvery good as it is. You might be able to abstract out a little more on the ground cover to ease up on the performance hit. The game seems to want to play more as a commander's type game not down at the micromanaging level where it sits now.

There is a TREMENDOUS amount of work that goes into getting a good AI that works for both sides. But, if we actually get a coder, who knows.

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.
Ratzki

Post by Ratzki »

Well, if everyone keeps talking about it, maybe...
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Two reasons I really like PCO - 1)They gave us that huge, free update. No one does that in this industry. 2) You can mod down to the weapons/ammo level. Can't do that in CMx2

So Yes, I would buy it. Even in some kind of update/dlc form for cheaper.

Good luck.
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Yeah, getting Osfront for free after purchasing Karkov was a great deal and one of the reasons I like the series over that other you know what one. [:D] The other one charged $5 for a "patch" for both xxAK and xxBB. That ended my support for their games.
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

ORIGINAL: Ratzki
I would like to see the terrain modifiers based on the depth of the effective terrain base and get away from individual trees affecting movement, LOS, ect.
Actually the way trees work with LOS that would cause a performance hit. To look through or over trees you need a ray to check if it is possible. Without tree model planes to check for a ray collision the game would have to build and check virtual trees every meter. I don't think individual trees affect movement unless they are on some kind of impassible terrain. The movement is controlled by the underlying terrain base.
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer

Return to “Panzer Command: Ostfront”