fire lines mean

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderators: Arjuna, Panther Paul

O.Schmidt

fire lines mean

Post by O.Schmidt »

What do the red, yellow and gray fire lines mean! I have not found this in the manual!

Thanks for help!
Ahoi Seemann
O.Schmidt
jimcarravall

RE: fire lines mean

Post by jimcarravall »

ORIGINAL: O.Schmidt

What do the red, yellow and gray fire lines mean! I have not found this in the manual!

Thanks for help!
Range rings will also appear around the select unit when you select the Fire or Bombard orders or set them to display using the Display Toolbar. The green ring represents the max anti-personnel firepower (APerFP) range. The red ring represents the max anti-armour firepower (AArmFP) range. The blue ring is the max bombardment range and the black ring is the minimum bombardment range.

Pg. 175 of the game manual.
Take care,

jim
dazkaz15

Post by dazkaz15 »

I think he might be referring to the bursts of fire that come from the counters to simulate an engagement?

Grey is indirect fire from artillery, and mortars.
Red is AT (anti tank) or armour piercing fire.
Yellow is anti personnel fire(machine guns, small arms)

From the GAME MANUAL

As units fire, you will also see yellow, red, and grey fire lines emanating from the unit firing toward the target.
The yellow lines are for APerFP, the red for AArmFP, and the grey lines for indirect fire.

Thicker lines indicate heavy fire.

Page 176
jimcarravall

Post by jimcarravall »

ORIGINAL: dazkaz15

I think he might be referring to the bursts of fire that come from the counters to simulate an engagement?

Grey is indirect fire from artillery, and mortars.
Red is AT (anti tank) or armour piercing fire.
Yellow is anti personnel fire(machine guns, small arms)

From the GAME MANUAL

As units fire, you will also see yellow, red, and grey fire lines emanating from the unit firing toward the target.
The yellow lines are for APerFP, the red for AArmFP, and the grey lines for indirect fire.

Thicker lines indicate heavy fire.

Page 176

Re-reading what he asked, you're right.

Either way, the information was in the manual for those who bother to look.[:D]
Take care,

jim
dazkaz15

Post by dazkaz15 »

I really don't mind answering questions from people who can't find information they are looking for, or just want to get on and play the game without having to waste time trawling through pages of game manual to continue their enjoyment of it.
Forum search engines I find next to useless, and sometimes, especially for those that have English as their second language, knowing the correct key word to type into the PDA search box can be problematic.

I know you go out of your way to help others to enjoy the game as well Jim, by answering questions, and I did take note of the laughing emoticon after what you said, so this post is not directed at you.
I would just like to say to those that are new to the game not to feel embarrassed about asking questions, about things they are having problems finding information for.
If I have the time Ill try to answer them.
O.Schmidt

Post by O.Schmidt »

Thanks for help!
Ahoi Seemann
O.Schmidt
Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

Second that, Daz. Always happy to help, being a lazy bugger myself.

Besides, as an old Finnish joke goes, this way you really get to meet people....[;)]

Return to “Tech Support”