Odd Windows 8 issue

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Sorivar

Odd Windows 8 issue

Post by Sorivar »

I am playing the WITP basic game on Windows 8. When I attempt to upgrade a unit from one plane type to another, I only get two options. One is to select the default upgrade and the other is to not upgrade. On my Windows 7 system, I was able to see several types of possible plane types (even if there weren't any planes of that type in the pool) and of course the option not to upgrade. Does anyone have any solutions?

I have scrolled through the various Windows 8 problem posts and I am familiar with the -deepColor switch and some of the others but I haven't seen this problem reported.

Thanks in advance for any help.
witpqs

RE: Odd Windows 8 issue

Post by witpqs »

This has nothing to do with the Windows version, it is a game option, namely "Player Defined Upgrades" aka PDU. I'll guess that on your old system you set that option the way you like it long ago and the setting has been remembered by the software. The new system is a new AE install and you forgot about that setting. Sound right?
Sorivar

RE: Odd Windows 8 issue

Post by Sorivar »

And that would be witpqs for the win! It was set differently in the old install. That is the last problem in a long list of getting this game to work on Freakin' Windows 8.

TY

Return to “Tech Support”