A new update to update the status of the 2.04 Update

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin, IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian

CapnDarwin

A new update to update the status of the 2.04 Update

Post by CapnDarwin »

Guys,
Talked with Erik last night to check on the timing of the update with the convention this week and the word is the guys won't get to us until Monday the 21st at the earliest. That would say at best we see the package late in the week next week or even early the following week.

The only good news is it gives me time to finish the updated and expanded Tutorial Guide for the update.

When we know more, so will you.

Enjoy your week.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
TheWombat_matrixforum

RE: A new update to update the status of the 2.04 Update

Post by TheWombat_matrixforum »

Thanks for the update! We are all slaves to circumstance....
wodin

Post by wodin »

Can't understand why some game some here get an update up ASAP and others have to wait ages,Command Ops is another game where you seem to have to wait ages aswell. Can't you just put it up online yourself, maybe on a cloud like onedrive or something?
FroBodine

Post by FroBodine »

I second wodin's suggestion.
DoubleDeuce

Post by DoubleDeuce »

I'm guessing it needs to be on Matrix's servers to tie in with the updater in the game itself.
wodin

Post by wodin »

Yeah but you get beta GGWITE and Command Naval Modern patches all the time..
ORIGINAL: Double Deuce

I'm guessing it needs to be on Matrix's servers to tie in with the updater in the game itself.
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

I said this in another post, but Command has its own website and we currently do not. 2.04 is not a small update either. We are discussing in house getting a file serving capable website, but right now we have a number of things to do first.

TheWombat_matrixforum

Post by TheWombat_matrixforum »

Yeah, I can't fault them for not footing the bill for a server and website, not to mention administering the distro of patches. It's nice when you have folks who can do that, but not essential.
Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

It's ages to wait. It's not good enough on Matrix's part, I feel. I see very often long delays like this when the updates get to Matrix, and then sometimes, if people gripe enough, things speed up. I would have thought - without detailed info - that matrix could give this game a slightly higher priority. OTS are not going to gripe (at least in here) because they're their publishers (and I know exactly how that relationship feels...)but I don't think we should be all rushing forward to understand. Good games will leave the matrix stable because of this kind of thing, in time. It's purely economic, connected, I guess, to how many staff they have. But the 21st? I think that's pushing it. What is in the queue that's getting priority, I wonder? [;)]I think they should get it out by the weekend, this weekend. Definitely. And I feel sure that when Erik reflects deep and hard on his life and his priorities that that is what will happen. Good man, Erik.
VilleYrjola

Post by VilleYrjola »

I don't know if you guys noticed my last post on the subject but another valid option could be torrents. You'd only need to seed the beta file for a while and with a community like the one we have here I'm sure someone would upload the file eventually or continue seeding the torrent. Just an idea and the next update is so close that there is no need to change anything at this point but maybe in the future.
pekische

Post by pekische »

yeah, torrent could work fine!
wodin

Post by wodin »

Torrents or use free cloud service like OneDrive or 4Shared.
budd

Post by budd »

it does seem like some games have a faster pipeline, and it also seems like they just do one update and/or release at a time. Maybe its just my impression.

It's just that this post by Erik in the command ops beta patch thread struck me as odd, especially the red part.

Hi guys,

This is scheduled to release as an official update this week. It was waiting for a slot in the marketing schedule.

Regards,

- Erik

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

There are only a couple of guys that do the installer builds, patch installers, IT services for Cons, etc. We get that and with other events and programs out there we have to wait our turn. As I said above we will continue to look at some form of file hosting/website for OTS to help with updates and user file collection. Plus Red Storm is not the only game we plan on doing so at some point we need to step up with a site. [8D]

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”